how to log in to the user account that i created by default
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: how to log in to the user account that i created by default  (Read 4271 times)

Offline daivakanth

i am using xubuntu remix.i created a new user account(because i don't want to use the user account "xubuntu").problem is my computer allways logging into "xubuntu" user account with out asking any password.every time i have to log-out and log back into my user account(one i created).please tell me how to slove this problem?.

Offline MrGizmo757

• Dev, Show Host & Nuisance
  • Contributor
  • Founder of Tech Cafe'
Re: how to log in to the user account that i created by default
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »
i am using xubuntu remix.i created a new user account(because i don't want to use the user account "xubuntu").problem is my computer allways logging into "xubuntu" user account with out asking any password.every time i have to log-out and log back into my user account(one i created).please tell me how to slove this problem?.

I have just been made aware of this issue. What happens if you delete the xubuntu account from the system?

sudo userdel username
sudo rm -r /home/username/  

Offline daivakanth

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 11:51:37 PM »
while i am trying to delete the account "xubuntu" from another user account it's saying "xubuntu is logged in please log out and delete the account"

Offline daivakanth

thanks for the help problem solved 
i just logged out from the xubuntu user account from tty1 with this command "sudo pkill -KILL -u xubuntu"

and deleted the account with these commands 

sudo userdel username
sudo rm -r /home/username/   

Offline Colbane

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 03:09:50 AM »
Matt,

I went to your Manjaro Distro instead.  Everything else worked fine for me in this one, but even though I'm a fairly new Linux user, I prefer the Arch Linux and Manjaro command line power and some other features.

Offline MrGizmo757

• Dev, Show Host & Nuisance
  • Contributor
  • Founder of Tech Cafe'
Re: Re: how to log in to the user account that i created by default
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »
Matt,

I went to your Manjaro Distro instead. Everything else worked fine for me in this one, but even though I'm a fairly new Linux user, I prefer the Arch Linux and Manjaro command line power and some other features.

yeah. Manjaro is better anyways.  Ubuntu/Xubuntu   is buggy.  always has been, always will be.