POLL: Mobile Phone Survey
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: POLL: Mobile Phone Survey  (Read 8427 times)

Offline Synrgy87

• Contributor
  • There Ain't no Party like an Old School Party.
Re: POLL: Mobile Phone Survey
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 08:10:38 AM »
Currently Android on my Sony Xperia T, but I did really like the blackberry I had previously which was a 9800 torch, and also liked symbian when I used that on various nokia phones

Offline Eric Zellar

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 05:12:28 PM »
I like android a lot, but would really like the ability to use the Google Play Store without being required to have a gmail account (I have a Google account without gmail).

Offline vstarsteve

• unreformed distrohopper asus z77 sabertooth i7
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 06:55:20 PM »
Wife gave a windows8 phone for Christmas- then she got jealous of Cortana the personal assistant.

Offline lcRONOS

• I will run all the Operating Systems!
  • Staff Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 01:40:24 PM »
Cortana is a great example of what AI can become.  Right now there is still some work to be done (very laggy in Windows 10) but once she's out of beta she'll be amazing I think.  Definitely a step up over Siri (who am I kidding, anything is a step up over siri :P )
Laptop: HP Pavilion 15t, quadboot Obarun Linux, macOS 10.13, TrueOS, Windows 10
Desktop: Dell Inspiron 660, dualboot Artix Linux,Windows 1

Offline 138

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »
Right now i'm more than satisfied having a lumia 1020.
i can make calls and pictures and use the internet. it does all it needs to do.

right now i will root my old galaxy s2 and will try to install ubuntu or kde and will see what will happen. 

be strong, be wrong

Offline Linux Lounge

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 05:09:10 AM »
At the moment Im with android, feature wise though I prefer sailfish os, it just lacks all the apps I need

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2016, 06:56:26 AM »
To be honest, while I may have an iPhone 6 right now I think it is the worst phone I have ever used! While we are presented with a polished interface, every update breaks everything. Furthermore, my screen at times will lock up and prevent me from clicking on certain areas. I have warranty replaced the thing and the same issue is with the new phone. Also, what is the deal with this "HD calling" nonsense being enabled by default where you have to be on a LTE or 4G network? I found that the call would become one-way mid conversation as the phone couldn't decide whether to stay on LTE or go back to 3G. Originally thought the issue was with my phone until I called my carrier and they told me this was a recurring theme with this type of phone. I found that Samsung is doing this with their Android line as well. I had to look up how to disable this on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Edge.

While there is all this hate for Apple, I have found that the only mobile OS I am ok with using is Android. I have tried Windows at one point of time and found the UI a bit irritating. I eventually got used to it having a Nokia before with Verizon, and actually wouldn't mind using it if it weren't for the fact that Windows 10 mobile OS has issues and it would be on either a Samsung or HTC phone. I will never buy Windows phones from Microsoft though. My wife got one of those things. Was quite honestly the most cheaply built, flimsy phone I have laid eyes on. Not to mention terrible performance. While it reported she had LTE service, downloads might as well have been running on a home dial up connection. No exaggeration.

Anyway, that got a bit longer than intended. I'm all for Android!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:34:46 AM by Kalthrix »

Offline Linux Lounge

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2020, 10:09:40 AM »
I'm a few years too late to answer the survey but I'm proud to say I use Ubuntu Touch!

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Re: POLL: Mobile Phone Survey
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2020, 06:04:47 PM »
To be honest, while I may have an iPhone 6 right now I think it is the worst phone I have ever used! While we are presented with a polished interface, every update breaks everything. Furthermore, my screen at times will lock up and prevent me from clicking on certain areas. I have warranty replaced the thing and the same issue is with the new phone. Also, what is the deal with this "HD calling" nonsense being enabled by default where you have to be on a LTE or 4G network? I found that the call would become one-way mid conversation as the phone couldn't decide whether to stay on LTE or go back to 3G. Originally thought the issue was with my phone until I called my carrier and they told me this was a recurring theme with this type of phone. I found that Samsung is doing this with their Android line as well. I had to look up how to disable this on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Edge.

While there is all this hate for Apple, I have found that the only mobile OS I am ok with using is Android. I have tried Windows at one point of time and found the UI a bit irritating. I eventually got used to it having a Nokia before with Verizon, and actually wouldn't mind using it if it weren't for the fact that Windows 10 mobile OS has issues and it would be on either a Samsung or HTC phone. I will never buy Windows phones from Microsoft though. My wife got one of those things. Was quite honestly the most cheaply built, flimsy phone I have laid eyes on. Not to mention terrible performance. While it reported she had LTE service, downloads might as well have been running on a home dial up connection. No exaggeration.

Anyway, that got a bit longer than intended. I'm all for Android!

Here I am 2 years later using an iPhone 8+... smh. At least, had a Motorola Play e5 between the last iPhone and this one. Not a great phone performance-wise, then again I didn't invest much into it. Just needed a cheap phone and that one fit the bill pretty well. 

Family wants the ability to Facetime and unfortunately, I've yet to find an app that will accomplish the same as well on Android. Hangouts is pretty close, but doesn't seem to offer nearly as many features as it's Facetime counterpart. Facetime has a maps integration, which is incredibly useful. Both of us prefer Android. My wife was a die hard Samsung fan.