Episode 4 discussion.
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Episode 4 discussion.  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Episode 4 discussion.
« on: April 16, 2014, 06:55:33 PM »
Feel free so discuss content in this episode HERE! DO NOT POST REQUESTS. Create a post HERE.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:57:53 PM by Spatry »
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
Re: Episode 4 discussion.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:16:31 PM »
Nice Episode, Spat. But I would like to read the last of those Posts... where did you move it to?
Keep up your work. Enjoying it (:

Offline Xmetalfanx

• Contributor
    • Xmetalfanx's Homepage
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
Great Video as always.  I sometimes run into issue with (In Windows YUMI from pendrivelinux.com) and In Linux The Mint USB Writer (which works most of the time) or "Multi-system"  and cross-platform, Unetbootin.

While writing the image is not an issue, finding "invalid kernel" and other odd messages from time to time depending on the distro I am using and which program (of the prior mentioned ones) are a bit hit and miss sometimes.  I had a friend (for a different reason) who introduced me to Linux and helped me with Slackware (yes that was one of the first distros I used, other than Suse 9.3) recommend the dd command years ago though I really never messed with it before.  Now, (probably with Manjaro Moore or Manjaro COL edition) I plan on giving that a try with dd. 

There are a few other tasks I have found that I had issues with, then running the dd command seems to be the thing that worked for me.  I love how it follows the K. I. S. S. principle and I really wish I payed more attention to the dd command earlier.

Thank you again, Spatry
-Xmetal/Xmetalfanx

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 12:28:11 AM »
I cleared out the old posts for items that are answered on the show. Silly me, If I do not do that I might forget I answered something on the show LOL!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline blindpcguy

• mac and linux tie windows next
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:35:56 AM »
thanks spatry for awnsering my topic compiz looks great. il test it out once i install manjaro cup of linux edition
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Master Yoda

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
Re: Re: Episode 4 discussion.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 04:13:37 PM »
I cleared out the old posts for items that are answered on the show. Silly me, If I do not do that I might forget I answered something on the show LOL!

You could also create a new ARCHIEVE-Topic so we could read those... I was really interested in that, haha