MAKULU LINUX OS
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: MAKULU LINUX OS  (Read 202 times)

Offline glynnsoileau

MAKULU LINUX OS
« on: July 06, 2021, 03:14:57 PM »
HI my name is Glynn, i have been a tester for makulu linu for a couple of years, and wanted to you know that makulu offers 4 different versions for you to try, and its all free...it Shift which is the top dog, has a little of everything for a user, than there is Core, my favorite, simular to mac, then there is Flash which is also very fast and than there is Lindoz, you guessed it a os simular to windows...all of his iso are there for you to try, log in to makululinux.com, and take a look around...i was searching for a easy to use, but one that looked like a mac, and i found Core...Jaqcue Ramer is the one who does all the work on the iso, he is the creator of makulu, tech support is 100% awsome, so drop in and test for yourself...you will like it

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: MAKULU LINUX OS
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 07:23:21 AM »
Hi Glynn and welcome. For those who do not know, Makulu is a Debian based distribution. I have not tested it in over a year but from personal experience I can say it has a lot of features and would appeal to someone coming over from Windows and looking at distributions which might be a good replacement. I would like to see Makulu offer a minimalist-featherlight version. It has the #57 slot on DW.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline glynnsoileau

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 01:00:24 PM »
Makul has grown so much in the last year,I think you would love it now...it offers so much to a user...I mean I was a windows user all my life ,than tried mac...and finally started looking around linux to find a distro I could use,when I started testing there were only a couple of different version of makulu,like I said before now he hasn't 4 top notch isos,plus just gave us a unity version to test...when you get the time..try makulu shift...the new shift is totally awsome...I love this site...lots of cool stuff

Offline joejohnston3

• Super Supporter
  • Staff Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 02:34:23 PM »
I agree with what Spatry said and have always enjoyed MakuluLinux. Very glad to see it getting maintained and updated. Thank you to Jacque and his team.
Joe Johnston
Linux Lite

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 02:37:15 PM »
I am quite certain that Makulu will do the job for those fond of Debian type systems. It has plenty of features for the newcomer.

As an Arch user myself, I would only consider Debian for a headless server configuration and would not require all of the desktop features Makulu is known for. Cheers!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline glynnsoileau

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 07:06:50 PM »
the awsome thing about Makul is it offers both Debian and Ubuntu variants...there is core,flash,lindoz and shift in debian or ubuntu..
both are simular... both work well