6 years since my last post...
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: 6 years since my last post...  (Read 176 times)

Offline cwwilson721

• I'm a family man...
    • Super 8 TV
6 years since my last post...
« on: June 20, 2021, 04:33:54 AM »
..So not exactly "new"...lol
Just been busy with Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Became a Grandfather 3 more times, and disbled/retired (been an interesting 6 years).
Have recently took up guitar again, after a break of 35 years. My fingers don't work anymore. Working on that.
No current Linux box, either. 2+ years ago I built this one (9900K, 2080ti, 64GB 3200DDR4, 4tb NVMe, 8tb spinning rust) to be a "replacement" should the TV Station's main computer went kablooie. It never happened, and the cable co sold out to Comcast, and our station went bye-bye.
So, I'm slowly getting back into old stuff.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: 6 years since my last post...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 11:48:17 AM »
I put down the guitar for 10 years but I could still remember how to play some things, this time around I decided to get some proper guitar lessons and now I am learning how to shred! You are never to old to learn new things and each day I am learning new things on Linux as well. I spend more of my free time doing music these days but I still keep an eye on the community. Trends in tech are constantly changing, I need to keep myself informed where possible... Anyway, WELCOME BACK... good to see ya!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline cwwilson721

• I'm a family man...
    • Super 8 TV
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 04:49:05 PM »
Used to play heavily in the early/mid 80's, put it down for about 35 years...lol...Sold my guitars over the years, alot of equipment, too.
Have so much "free time" now, I got tired of napping.
So, bought a Fender Stratocaster HSS, set it up, dragged an old amp out of storage (Fender 77 Twin Reverb), discovered all my old pedals were toast, so got a GP-100 (makes a great "Do Not Disturb She Who Must Be Obeyed" headphone amp...lol), and after a YouTube search on it, there you were, talking about it. 
Talk about mind blown...lol

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 12:00:51 AM »
The Valeton GP-100 is truly an amazing pedal but I am using Tonlib-GFX more now, with it I can layer sounds... I can make my guitar sound like it is plugged into multiple amps and cabinets. I can get more complex sounds on Linux than I can with my pedal. I will post a PART 3 video eventually. T-GFX is the best Linux software for realtime effects processing with jack. It allows me to do the unimaginable with my sound. 

Have fun with your strat, I know that pedal will keep you busy for a while. Cheers!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!