Merry meet!
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: Merry meet!  (Read 153 times)

Offline LyricLover

Merry meet!
« on: June 18, 2021, 06:55:21 PM »
Hello all!
I'm an old soul, started on DOS back in 1981 while in the military.
Feeling almost as obsolete as the RS232 cables we used back then, lol.
Been thru every Windows OS from 3.1... I finally ditched Windows for good 10+ years ago after a Vista upgrade wrecked me. As the song lyrics goes.. "There'll be no next time, that was the last time for me"! Ha!
Been a Linux Lady ever since and typically need help because I most likely did something wrong, deleted something I shouldn't have or just can't seem to keep up with tech.
Looking forward to picking your brains and having some much needed hooman interactions in these times. I have a lot of reading to do here, always playing catch-up.
Until our paths cross... Peace be with you all, always!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 11:08:27 AM by LyricLover »
Running an ASUS RoG GTK laptop/desktop with 5.8G Memory, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.35 GHz x2, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 260M Cuda

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Merry meet!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 08:16:16 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and welcome to the community, LyricLover.

Oh memory lane...
I remember the old DOS days and the desktop shells that came out before Windows like GEM.

I kicked windows to the curb prior to Windows 8. I started playing with Linux in the late 90's and finally switched when it could do all of the tasks I required. Feel free to ask your questions and we will try our best to help. Cheers!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!