Salient OS - Arch Linux for GAMERS and MEDIA use with custom installer
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Salient OS - Arch Linux for GAMERS and MEDIA use with custom installer  (Read 140 times)

Offline aDewil

• Contributor
like topic says that OS have custor installer which one can be choose what apps install same time when you install to HDD.
other OS you have install those apps what you wanna use.
but in HDD install part i can't see SMPLAYER (for window base video playback), KODI (for fullscreen video playback and in tv use with gamepad when you sit couch) and DEADBEEF (good alternative for windows foobar 2k).
VLC is good basic video player, but utter crabby when comes when you play anime series/movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTvdC0BdPY0

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
Remember it's an arch distro so you have access to pretty much anything as long as you use the AUR.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Remember it's an arch distro so you have access to pretty much anything as long as you use the AUR.
I cannot live without the AUR, if it is not in the repo, odds are it can be found there, if not, you can make your own pkgbuild to assemble your own arch installation packages.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!