MXlinux Audio problem- Switching from headphones to speakers no audio
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: MXlinux Audio problem- Switching from headphones to speakers no audio  (Read 381 times)

Offline Vapurian

I've tried --kill and --restart pulse audio. If i disable auto mute in alsamixer my laptop speakers work fine. It happened in POP os as well so installed a new distro MxLinux.Pop os worked fine for like 3 months so i'm guessing it was a driver update. Still happens though.
my sound cards:
( keep in mind nvidia is for my graphics and only work through hdmi so I don't see that being the problem.)
0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                      HDA Intel PCH at 0xf7e30000 irq 35
 1 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xf6080000 irq 17

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: MXlinux Audio problem- Switching from headphones to speakers no audio
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 03:11:56 PM »
A friend of mine has a similar issue where his headphone settings are not saved and he must reconfigure them in pavucontrol (and the software which is using audio) so that he can use the headset and mic whenever they are hotplugged into usb. I have never been able to duplicate the problem myself to come up with a course of action. Hopefully we will get a solve for this because I am sure a handful of people will benefit from this, it could be something simple that I have overlooked in the configs??
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Vapurian

Re: MXlinux Audio problem- Switching from headphones to speakers no audio
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 12:00:57 AM »
A friend of mine has a similar issue where his headphone settings are not saved and he must reconfigure them in pavucontrol (and the software which is using audio) so that he can use the headset and mic whenever they are hotplugged into usb. I have never been able to duplicate the problem myself to come up with a course of action. Hopefully we will get a solve for this because I am sure a handful of people will benefit from this, it could be something simple that I have overlooked in the configs??

I was hoping it was the configs. I've tried everything I could think of. I have to configure them every time myself and it's a pain. I apologize for the late response. I thought I responded already but I guess I didn't.