possible problem when you updated android 10
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: possible problem when you updated android 10  (Read 775 times)

Offline aDewil

• Contributor
possible problem when you updated android 10
« on: January 13, 2020, 09:25:43 AM »
there is possible problem when you update older android to 10.
maybe because massive UI and security updates.

when i updated my nokia 7 plus phone to android 10 from 9, lock screen started planking.
so make backups before update and then after update maybe need make factory reset.
when you restoring apps and other things, but do not previous OS version settings and this way you defent screen planking

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: possible problem when you updated android 10
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 09:32:22 AM »
OTA (over the air updates) piss me off... I go through lots of trouble setting up my droid how I want it then an upgrade pushed by the manufacturer will BORK things... Luckily there is a setting which will allow you to DENY those updates.

Sorry to hear about this problem, sadly I have not used Android Q yet so I would not know that to do about it... just needed to rant a little while on topic.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 06:00:51 AM »
My phone updated itself this past weekend, kind of pissed me off at the time because I actually wanted to use it.  Pulled it out and it's updating, weird because it wasn't hooked to power or on wifi which is usually what they require for an update.  I'm quite surprised that it even got an update, it's not a current model and tracfone is usually not very good about updating.  I wonder if someone told them that the mobile tethering actually worked without asking  for permission, haven't tried it since that update.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 10:28:50 AM »
You enable developer options by going into settings > system > About (device) > then hit the build number to enable developer options....

Settings > system> developer options: You can turn off automatic system updates.

Some android builds can vary and therefore your mileage will vary.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 12:52:37 AM »
To be honest, I don't generally keep any given device for very long.   I keep everything important on a sd-card, I don't even register the phone to my google account and I tend to treat them as completely disposable.  The upside is, if it pisses me off, I don't have much stopping me from throwing the damn thing.  Sometimes it's worth the time and trouble to  vent.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline aDewil

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »
now i have used android 10 couple weeks and i like vanilla android UI in nokia 7 plus model.

ui home button really nice now.
when you mo home button one icon row up, then you can see open apps/games.
when you multiple apss/games open, then you can hop apps/games slide/move home button left/right.

there is  nice permission features.
for GPS is most useful.
when open app like google maps, then is ask permission to use for gps.
options are:
always disabled 
enables when app open  (and disables when app closes and saves battery energy levels)
always enabled.