Kde neon
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: Kde neon  (Read 415 times)

Offline Benny

Kde neon
« on: September 21, 2019, 06:47:54 AM »

Hi
I notice the video here about KDE neon (120days old )haha but
I Installed KDE Neon on my computer and first I had a lot of problems whit the software center , crash always ?
Update and still the same but after a couple of boots no problem whit the software center and the name chance in Discover , strange ? .
I can put in what I like to use and I don’t notice I’m in Ubuntu , real KDE feeling .
I works very fast and the standard theme Breeze is perfect for me , only chance it to dark theme Breeze and GTK dark theme Breeze also .
Firefox have a nice integration and I start to like the KDE software , Amarok , dragon player .
I notice that the Bleachbit always have more cleaning to do .
Manjaro  not so much.
It feels stable , runs fast and I like it a lot and use it some time and maybe for good ?
Only one question , KDE always update and the core Ubuntu also but if there is a new Ubuntu LTS , do I have to reinstall the entire system again ?
Greetings
p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; }

Offline fchaos

• Contributor
Re: Kde neon
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 07:14:28 PM »
it's been a long long time since I used Ubuntu but from what I remember, you can do the update from within the current version, and it will retain (or try to) your settings, software and tweaks. (But it can't always)

Also, if they've made major changes, you may have some things to get used to when you get done updating.

Offline Benny

Re: Kde neon
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 04:38:32 AM »
Thanks
It's different whit neon and i found that i have to update whit : sudo pkcon refresh && sudo pkcon update ;
for the write update .
The use only the core of Ubuntu and a system ,  alien for me .

Post Merge: September 24, 2019, 05:54:32 AM

KDE team fix the bug , update and Discovery works great now .

Post Merge: September 24, 2019, 03:42:51 PM
I found this on YouTube ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTpObV-MYY0
If this is write then it's not a official KDE .
I don't mind but it's interesting .

Post Merge: September 25, 2019, 11:59:19 PM
I'm back in Manjaro KDE , Never chance a winning team.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 11:59:19 PM by Benny »