Just thought I would say "Hello to Everyone!"
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: Just thought I would say "Hello to Everyone!"  (Read 548 times)

Offline dlw88

Just thought I would say "Hello to Everyone!"
« on: June 09, 2019, 08:26:24 AM »
Hello, everyone, I'm the newest "newbie" as of 0805 EDT. I like many am a recent convert  (1-1/2 to 2 years ago) from Windows to Linux. Started out with LinuxMint and as I became more comfortable and/or confident I tried several other distros until landing on Arch Linux. My goals were simple, to be able to build compile and maintain the os exactly the way I wanted it configured and have it running as bug-free as possible. As such, I spend a lot of time reading various posts that help me solve any issues I come across in my current build and I have found this site to be extremely user-friendly and very informative. So here I am and I look forward to becoming an active part of this great community of like-minded users!! 

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Just thought I would say "Hello to Everyone!"
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 12:15:12 PM »
Welcome to the community dlw88! Glad to have you here. We have quite a few people on Arch if you ever have any questions. :)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and welcome to the community dlw88!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline pip5528

• The Pipsqueak!!!
  • Staff Member
  • Technology nerd, audiophile, musician, gamer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 11:57:56 PM »
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself! I quite like Arch as well!
My name may be Pip, but I'm not that small!