BB Codes and POSTING: PLEASE READ!
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: BB Codes and POSTING: PLEASE READ!  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
BB Codes and POSTING: PLEASE READ!
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:57:46 AM »
The BBCODE system works a bit differently on this forum software. A simple guide which explains how to use the BBCODES is HERE. Please read through it.

Videos auto embed now so just post a link to any video from Youtube, Daily Motion, Vimeo etc. and it will display normally.

When posting images click the insert image icon and then place your link between the image tags.

Code: [Select]
[img][/img]
Example: [img]www.website.com/yourpicture.png[/img]

There is a new LOCK icon. Placing content between HIDE tags will hide content from guests. Only registered MEMBERS will be able to see the content you post. This is done the same way as posting an image as described above.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:30:44 PM by Teddy »
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline BlackVeils

Re: BB Codes and POSTING: PLEASE READ!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:04:15 AM »
do we have to hide items from non-members?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:30:54 PM by Teddy »
me = objective, discerning, reasonable, private, introspective, philosophical, circumspect, misanthropic, loyal...

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: BB Codes and POSTING: PLEASE READ!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:10:33 AM »
IF there is something you ONLY want MEMBERS to see, you can use the HIDE tag. The hide was added so that I can provide content from my show which forum members can access here. As a member of this forum you can use this as well.

On a side note: By default, guests cannot see any links that you post. They must register to see them and a HIDE tag is not necessary when posting links.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:30:01 PM by Teddy »
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!