Ok thanks for the tip, I will be looking at the wiki today and will report back what i tried and how it worked out tomorrow.
Post Merge: April 07, 2019, 07:42:40 PM
Update: did not get to it today but will keep updated.
Post Merge: April 08, 2019, 06:22:24 PM
Ok, so i tried some of the suggestions on the arch wiki: the first thing I did was change:/etc/pulse/default.paload-module module-udev-detect tsched=0I then restarted pulseaudio and then tried again to listen to a sound file in vlc. the sound stayed the same. after this failed I then tried to set the buffer and fragment size by using the command :$ pactl list sinksafter i had looked at the information about my sound card Icould see what I needed to do. here is the part from the arch wiki that talks about calculating fragment sizes i haveedited to show my exact calculations I got for my sound card.device.buffering.buffer_size = "17664" => 17664/1411200 = 0.0125 s = 12.5 msdevice.buffering.fragment_size = "2994" => 2994/1411200 = 0.002086 s = 2.086 msIn the previous step, we calculated the fragment size parameter. The number of fragments is simply buffer_size/fragment_size, which in this case (12.5/2.086) is 5.599:I then changed /etc/pulse/daemon.conf to use these parameters ( i also tried both just 5 and 2 as well same result) :; default-fragments = 5.599; default-fragment-size-msec = 2.086then restarted pulse again. I then tested the same audio file in vlc and though the skipping slightlywent down, the problem is still there. after all of that i decided to take out tsched=0 again from/etc/pulse/default.pawhen i had done that the crackling and skipping had gone away again even more,but every 30 seconds or so the crackling and skipping still did happen.
Post Merge: April 09, 2019, 06:04:05 PM
The problem persisted and I dont know why.
Post Merge: April 16, 2019, 05:19:42 PM
hi everyone, it appears after a few days of tinkering around that the problem is now gone. I believe there may have either been a driver update, or just restarting the computer a few times after the changes i made it finally took effect. thanks for all the help