frustrated and aggravated
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: frustrated and aggravated  (Read 269 times)

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
frustrated and aggravated
« on: February 23, 2020, 06:28:08 PM »
ok ever since the arch team decided to trim there base file for the arch build. i can't get anything to work right. i have been at this for over 4 hrs going thru the wiki. xorg doesn't work right. before i was able to install this without very many issues. this after i installed the files it needs too run. it will load into the login screen where you sign into root or your user name.

EDIT: ok now that i figured what was happening it was booting slow into desktop environment for whatever reason i have no clue. now when it loads into plasma which works fine on any distro. i have no pointer showing but it's there and anytime i change certain settings it crashes the machine oh and it won't load the the background either and i wouldn't even have a clue as too where to begin looking for an issue like that.

EDIT: ok another update as it turns out the version of virtual box was apparently conflicting horribly with the linux mint so i just uninstalled it then installed the the version there using which runs just fine. there's a lesson to be learned here kiddies makes sure the software works right before using it. now i have a working kde arch which i built by myself using only the wiki. for y'all that may not seem like a big deal but when you have an issue with reading comprehension, it can make your life a living hell, but i didn't give up fighting cause i wasn't gonna let this beat me lol.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:16:36 PM by farevildee »
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: frustrated and aggravated
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 09:50:23 AM »
Kudos to you for NOT giving up... persistence is key! I am sure the arch developers have their reasons for trimming the iso. It is not for me to speculate as to why they did it. The fact of the matter is, that Arch is meant to be HANDS ON. It is however well documented and I am sure anyone who needs the missing components can add them... Moreover, it is not overly difficult to learn the Archiso toolkit so anyone who wants to have an iso for reinstalling Arch at a later time can do so.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!