Archmaker - A gui tool for using archiso
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: Archmaker - A gui tool for using archiso  (Read 948 times)

Offline MrCoe

• - Aspiring Red Hatter...That Uses Fedora
Archmaker - A gui tool for using archiso
« on: March 15, 2019, 12:36:33 AM »
Hello All

I was looking for information on archiso yesterday and creating your own respin and i came across the following tool:

https://github.com/guidedlinux/archmaker

I installed the version from the AUR which is the 2017 version of the tool and did some testing in a vm, i tried to compile manually to get the later version however it didn't want to compile on my machine.

While im looking into fixing that i thought id share the knowledge as this tool looks very promising and even installs CALAMARES and has alot of gui options so you can really make the distro your own graphically.

If anyone uses it please share your experience :)

Kind Regards

Ryan

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Archmaker - A gui tool for using archiso
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 07:29:40 AM »
This is one of the tools I experimented with to port archiso over to mCOLe as the manjaro-tools does not support isolinux. Basically it is a wizard which gives you a set of options you can configure to make your Arch spin... then it creates a special script it runs... If you need more control your are better off using Archiso by itself. The Calamares installer would not work with my mCOLe setup as the software is specifically designed to work with Arch only... I have someone working with me now to bring our own Calamares installer to mCOLe.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Santo_101

• I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every second
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:55:44 AM »
In that case Spatry oughta do a video for those arch users out there who wish, but do not have the patient to wait for ever =P
"Liar, liar pant on.... HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!"

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 01:59:23 PM »
Due to lack of interest, I doubt that I will be able to keep mCOLe going... we do not get many downloads per week so it caters to a very very small niche. Also because of work, I have not had much time to devote to the community (and videos) lately.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!