I love this Distro! :D
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: I love this Distro! :D  (Read 3784 times)

Offline InactiveUser

I love this Distro! :D
« on: April 12, 2014, 06:06:32 PM »
I am looking forward to keeping this as my permanent operating system. This by far is the best Linux distro I have ever used. Not to metion it's the cup of linux edition so that makes this a million times special. With Zorin and Ubuntu, I felt a little bit ristricted as far as customization goes, but with this distro, I can easily change everything. I fine tuned it to my liking and it's perfect. I was originally going to have the taskbar thing on the bottom, but with this distro, it honestly looks 100% better on the top. It just works. I even got dropbox on this thing and easily too!

Not having Window borders was interesting at first, but sadly I am heavily dependent on them, so I went ahead and changed that. I even went with some of Matthew's preferences, such as getting a that new border called Slickness. It fits perfectly. I even went with having everything glow and making the menu 75% transparent. I also went ahead and easily modfied the clock, making it 12 hour with a different font and all.

The terminal by far is the best one I have ever used. It's not as over the top like Ubuntu's is. Don't get me wrong the terminal on Ubuntu isn't hard to use, but something about it just didn't feel right. Not sure what that is. This one however is how a terminal should be.

Overall I believe that Manjaro is amazing, and the cup of linux edition is the icing on the cake. I give this a solid 9/10. Best Distro ever!

I can't wait to see what else this amazing OS can do! Thank you very much Spatry!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:09:26 PM by Decimator Omega »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: I love this Distro! :D
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:30:54 PM »
Thanks for your review of this distribution! It pleases me to know you enjoy this so much! Enjoy your new desktop!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline InactiveUser

Re: Re: I love this Distro! :D
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »
Thanks for your review of this distribution! It pleases me to know you enjoy this so much! Enjoy your new desktop!

You're welcome Spatry. I sure will. Once I'm able to get a decent income again, I will also be able to donate to keep this Distro fresh and new. Money is tight at the moment, but I'll make sure I donate soon.

Offline xanthate

Re: I love this Distro! :D
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:37:40 PM »
I second Decimator Omega on his statement !
Great work on the distro Spatry it is really nice and smooth.

I will also take this opportunity to say that i love your show too, very informative and well done. 
Morever it has a kind of "Max Headroom" touch that is fantastic!

Kudos to your work! ;D

Offline InactiveUser

Re: Re: I love this Distro! :D
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 04:23:37 AM »
I second Decimator Omega on his statement !
Great work on the distro Spatry it is really nice and smooth.

I will also take this opportunity to say that i love your show too, very informative and well done.
Morever it has a kind of "Max Headroom" touch that is fantastic!

Kudos to your work! ;D

Very well said. Just another reason to make Majaro Cup of Linux Edition your primary OS for your Linux machine.