An annoying bug (or maybe feature) with the text editor
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.

Author Topic: An annoying bug (or maybe feature) with the text editor  (Read 62 times)

Offline EricG

• Elite Member
An annoying bug (or maybe feature) with the text editor
« on: January 31, 2019, 02:41:44 PM »
It's tough to explain but I will do my best. Whenever you press enter once, it creates a gap between the previous line and the current one. The problem is, when the post is published that gap isn't there. So, you have to edit the post and add it yourself.

If you press enter twice before publishing it, then it shows a massive gap on the published post.

Example:

How it should look:
Quis aspernatur natus sint et est ut quae quia. Dolorum est mollitia praesentium nisi dolorum harum. Consequatur accusantium fugiat qui. Asperiores beatae quia culpa voluptatum ea. Et quasi dolorum qui quia officiis ratione. Qui quia id omnis omnis distinctio reiciendis.

Et earum excepturi quia placeat maxime aperiam minima eum. Temporibus et a fugit. Saepe consequatur accusamus quod iusto vitae. Impedit eligendi minus neque sunt rem. Saepe dolor repellat hic. Aperiam eos quo eveniet voluptatibus quia ut veniam.

How it looks (1 enter):
Quis aspernatur natus sint et est ut quae quia. Dolorum est mollitia praesentium nisi dolorum harum. Consequatur accusantium fugiat qui. Asperiores beatae quia culpa voluptatum ea. Et quasi dolorum qui quia officiis ratione. Qui quia id omnis omnis distinctio reiciendis.
Et earum excepturi quia placeat maxime aperiam minima eum. Temporibus et a fugit. Saepe consequatur accusamus quod iusto vitae. Impedit eligendi minus neque sunt rem. Saepe dolor repellat hic. Aperiam eos quo eveniet voluptatibus quia ut veniam.

How it looks (2 enter):

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:59:59 PM by EricG »

Online Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: An annoying bug (or maybe feature) with the text editor
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »
Press the PAGE icon on the upper left of the text format utility and you will see the actual result. You need to press enter twice in the rich editor screen so that there is an empty line between paragraphs. That is by design.
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline EricG

• Elite Member
Re: Re: An annoying bug (or maybe feature) with the text editor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Press the PAGE icon on the upper left of the text format utility and you will see the actual result. You need to press enter twice in the rich editor screen so that there is an empty line between paragraphs. That is by design.

That was only part of the issue. I also posted that when I press enter twice it creates a much larger gap.

I'm going to be honest here, I don't see why you designed it that way. It get's confusing at times, but it's not my site, so not my choice either.

Online Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: An annoying bug (or maybe feature) with the text editor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 05:24:06 PM »
I did not design it that way... it is a plugin I purchased. The original text format utility this website software came with was really crappy compared to this one... anyway, I told you how to access an alternative view when making posts.
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ