There's a new Linux Virus out, and it's a pretty nasty one.
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
Make sure you show up for game night! We have prize giveaways just for being there! Anyone can win!

Author Topic: There's a new Linux Virus out, and it's a pretty nasty one.  (Read 380 times)

Offline swarfendor437

• Not f'd:You won't find me on facebook/social media
Re: There's a new Linux Virus out, and it's a pretty nasty one.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 04:52:55 PM »
Reality check - there was some leaky code in Virtual Machine software a couple of years back, maybe more recent that got fixed with VB and VMWare patches/new releases. In the meantime, worth reading and viewing the following:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I would also be curious to know if Comodo Rescue Disc would discover it (it uses Slitaz in a live boot environment)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:31:27 PM by swarfendor437 »

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
Re: There's a new Linux Virus out, and it's a pretty nasty one.
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 10:40:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login are the SHA1 hashes for this trojan if anyone suspects they may have this infection.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login some good information on how to check SHA1 hashes and what they are in general.

I know what hashes are, but I don't understand how a hash is going to help me locate the virus on an installed system.  Please explain.