Cup of Linux PRIVACY POLICY (see last post)
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
HELP WANTED: Volunteers needed to maintain our Linux Distribution Directory. See the sticky on the DistroHunt board. Thanks.

Author Topic: Cup of Linux PRIVACY POLICY (see last post)  (Read 63 times)

Offline EricG

• Elite Member
  • I play way too much Team Fortress Classic.
    • Byteau Labs
Cup of Linux PRIVACY POLICY (see last post)
« on: October 19, 2018, 04:12:45 PM »
I've just realised that there isn't one, or there is one hidden somewhere. With laws that have passed in the past 5-10 years, I think it would be a good idea to have one. Plus I think users would like to know how their information is being used.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:31:04 PM by Spatry »

Offline Deckard Cain

• The wonderful wizard of Trisquel
  • Staff Member
  • Stay a while, and *nix!
Re: How come there isn't a Privacy Policy on this website?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 04:36:02 PM »
EHHHHH, Don't worry about it. *cough* spat *cough*
Stay a while, and *nix!

Offline Dirty Helga

• Malevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Do you feel LUCKY today?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 04:50:24 PM »
Privacy? This is the 21st century.... THERE IS NO PRIVACY! This site does not collect personal data from you. We never have and NEVER WILL sell your email address, but if you would like, I will be happy to post your email address in public restrooms... 
"for a good time email: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login" HAH!
If you BREAK the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, I WILL SHOOT YOU!

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 04:53:31 PM »
HELGA! No posting their information on bathroom walls! Instead, spray-paint it on a New York subway vestibule!

All joking aside... There is no need for a privacy policy here... this is a forum, must we over-complicate things with politics? People are free to share as much or as little as they want about themselves. I will not share personal information with others and I am confident that my staff members feel the same way.

Cup of Linux Privacy Policy (in a nutshell here is the straight dope)

1. You are free to share as much or as little about yourself as you want. Anything you share with the public can be exploited by anyone who accesses the site... BE CAREFUL!
2. We never have and never will share your private information (IP and Email address) with anyone.
3. Email and IP addresses are used for administration of the site and are never shared... PERIOD.
4. The server software uses cookies to store your site preferences on your local machine. That data is inaccessible to everyone on staff including admins and we do not employ 3rd party cookies for anything.
5. I cannot think about anything else to add to this for now so anyone who wants to know about PP can look here...
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ