RETURN OF GAME NIGHT?
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

JOIN US FOR ANOTHER LIVE STREAM!
Thursday October 18th @ 7PM EST UTC -5
TOPIC: Fun With Open Broadcast Studio
Visit Spatry's Cup of Linux on Youtube!

Author Topic: RETURN OF GAME NIGHT?  (Read 159 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
RETURN OF GAME NIGHT?
« on: October 08, 2018, 10:22:53 AM »
Would you like to get your GAME ON once again and WIN PRIZES? I am seeking a volunteer to run game night for me. I will be present to award prizes and have fun with you guys during the event. This will be a Staff position. Applicants must be members in good standing. Chat it up with me on the Mumble Server!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline EricG

• Elite Member
  • I play way too much Team Fortress Classic.
    • Byteau Labs
Re: RETURN OF GAME NIGHT?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:10:35 PM »
I might have some extra room on my server to host a couple games if needed. They would probably need to be more on the lighter side, since it isn't an extremely powerful server and it's already being used for other things.

I already have it setup to run a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, and Team Fortress Classic server if anyone is interested in those.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »
Check your private message... I am calling out for people who want to run the game night, this does not entail having a server to host the games because we can use just about any free to play MMO out there....
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Online Crimson

• Elite Member
  • PC PrimeApe
    • Syndicate Underground
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 08:04:25 PM »
I might be interested in this. I ran, and helped run, 3 clans gaming forums in the past. Some of you might have heard of the FunHouse Clan «FC». We specialized in Halo PC and COD4 back in the mid to late 2000's. The clan has since split, but some of them still lurk around on Steam from time to time. After that, some of use created a new clan, Asylum-X, then later I formed Syndicate Underground. Tons of drama and disagreements between the leaders in FunHouse lead to Asylum-X which was me a two other admins. Then once the main admin lost steam and disappeared without a trace, I formed SynUnd.

So.....I have experience to say the least. I'll have to think about it, this sounds like it might be fun. I also have a spare 2nd gen i3 system lying around not being used. I wouldn't mind firing it up to host game night.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 08:47:13 PM »
Thanks Crimson! Anyone else? We also need to determine a good night to do this... Previously, we did it on Saturday nights and that works well for me... 

Offline Challene

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 06:26:41 AM »
No idea if I can join you guys because of different time zones, but just in case, you can try to play Xonotic. Great open-source FPS. :)

Online Crimson

• Elite Member
  • PC PrimeApe
    • Syndicate Underground
So........Who wants to play some games Saturday night?
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 11:57:45 PM »
After getting this VM passthrough business done, I'm ready for some games. Linux games or Windows games, doesn't matter to me, LOL!!! Obviously we should stick to Linux games, I'm feeling Left 4 Dead 2, since Halloween's coming up n' such. Here's a list of my Steam Linux library...

He/She who kills the most Zombies gets to open this prize!

Any time between 5pm central standard time (Chicago Time) and beyond works for me. If this is to become a regular thing, we should definitely start a Discord server. If one isn't setup already I can get one going.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: So........Who wants to play some games Saturday night?
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 12:26:48 AM »
Everyone who wants to do some gaming needs to CHIME IN! Ironclaw donated a bunch of Steam Keys for me to give away... Lets make this happen! Game suggestions are welcome and anything will be considered as long as it RUNS ON LINUX... and is FREE to play... We do not want anyone left out in the cold because they cannot afford the game.... Also... Prizes are awarded for participation and your game score for the night MEANS NOTHING! It is about getting together and having a GOOD TIME! LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN! I will also see about LIVE STREAMING IT!

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 08:41:46 AM »
I'd definitely be willing. I only have Amnesia: Dark Descent and Machine for Pigs, Portal 1 & 2, and Tomb Raider from the list. I know the first couple were for free on Humble Bundle at one point of time, although not any longer. However, considering the age of the game they are pretty cheap in terms of price. Would just need a time to plan it out. Let me know when you are able and we'll plan it. :)

Offline Deckard Cain

• The wonderful wizard of Trisquel
  • Staff Member
  • Stay a while, and *nix!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 09:18:59 AM »
Totally down for taking part in game night! Down to play anything, but lean more towards RTS or FPS.
Stay a while, and *nix!

Online Crimson

• Elite Member
  • PC PrimeApe
    • Syndicate Underground
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 12:15:05 PM »
There's a Free game available on steam called "No More Room in Hell" that looks similar in game play to L4D2. That may be pretty fun and still in the spirit of Halloween.

For those that don't know either game, these are FPS (First Person Shooter) Zombie games.

Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnYmv-U-dEk

BTW, do we have a discord channel? I highly recommend one if we don't already, it's all the rage these days when it comes to game nights like these.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 02:20:22 PM »
Here is a good list of games we can consider too: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login