Slackware 14.2 keyboard and mouse will not work in X, conf files seemingly missi
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
DistroHunt feedback needed. How can we improve it? What features are missing? RSVP on the DistroHunt board. Thanks.

Author Topic: Slackware 14.2 keyboard and mouse will not work in X, conf files seemingly missi  (Read 101 times)

Offline pip5528

• The Pipsqueak!!!
  • Staff Member
  • Technology nerd, audiophile, musician
Hey, guys, so I recently had a problem where my KDE session in X would suddenly freeze when I tried to launch it, so I pressed Ctrl+alt+backspace to reset X, but what ended up happening was that in the process, somehow this ended up killing all keyboard and mouse functionality in X, regardless of PS/2 or USB. Rebooting didn't help at all, but I was able to chroot and change my runlevel back to 3, but that's only a workaround. It doesn't actually change the problem with X. I tried to run xorgsetup to see if I could make a default conf file, but /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't appear to exist no matter what I do, nor does /etc/lilo.conf when I tried to switch to the generic kernel. I am running Slackware 14.2 64-bit on an HP desktop with a 128 GB or so SSD with UEFI and GPT partitioning. Any ideas?
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." -Optimus Prime