Need a new distro, maybe?
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
DistroHunt feedback needed. How can we improve it? What features are missing? RSVP on the DistroHunt board. Thanks.

Author Topic: Need a new distro, maybe?  (Read 166 times)

Offline kantoquad

Need a new distro, maybe?
« on: September 22, 2018, 12:03:55 AM »
I made some moves at turn my life totally upside down and I haven't had much time to devote to exploring Linux lately. I prefer Ubuntu gnome, and I could vote 1804 can anyone give me a heads up 2 something that's similar to or is Superior and is debian-based that I should look at?
I got into Linux because it was free. I stayed because it was fun and has an outstanding community.

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
Re: Need a new distro, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 05:50:31 AM »
mx linux is debian based, deepin linux debian, but the best info i could give you is go to distrowatch.com and use there search function and under based on look for debian based it'll bring up a list of debian based distro's. good luck.
Linux is the world of computing were you make your own rules and decisions and not by some corporate aholes!!!!!

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Need a new distro, maybe?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 07:27:06 AM »
Why not go STRAIGHT to the source!? Debian 9 Stretch uses Gnome as the default desktop I believe! Skip the middleman and build Debian your way and enjoy ROCK SOLID computing!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline CwF

Re: Re: Need a new distro, maybe?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:42:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Skip the middleman and build Debian your way and enjoy ROCK SOLID computing!
WORD. Then explore in a kvm vm.