Need a new distro, maybe?
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: Need a new distro, maybe?  (Read 1815 times)

Offline kantoquad

Need a new distro, maybe?
« on: September 22, 2018, 12:03:55 AM »
I made some moves at turn my life totally upside down and I haven't had much time to devote to exploring Linux lately. I prefer Ubuntu gnome, and I could vote 1804 can anyone give me a heads up 2 something that's similar to or is Superior and is debian-based that I should look at?
I got into Linux because it was free. I stayed because it was fun and has an outstanding community.

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
Re: Need a new distro, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 05:50:31 AM »
mx linux is debian based, deepin linux debian, but the best info i could give you is go to distrowatch.com and use there search function and under based on look for debian based it'll bring up a list of debian based distro's. good luck.
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 07:27:06 AM »
Why not go STRAIGHT to the source!? Debian 9 Stretch uses Gnome as the default desktop I believe! Skip the middleman and build Debian your way and enjoy ROCK SOLID computing!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline CwF

• Elite Member
Re: Re: Need a new distro, maybe?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:42:21 AM »
Skip the middleman and build Debian your way and enjoy ROCK SOLID computing!
WORD. Then explore in a kvm vm.

Offline glynnsoileau

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 04:56:27 PM »
looking for a new distro....try Makulu Shift at makululinux.com....shift comes in two variants, Debian or ubuntu...both are really god the Debian version has just gone live, meaning you can download it on the web site... it's free... the ubuntu variant is in testing but won't be there long...Jacque Raymer is awesome at creating new looks...shift has 8 different desktop environments to choose from... all bring a little something different to the table