CyanogenMod
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: CyanogenMod  (Read 3224 times)

Offline digitaldefector

CyanogenMod
« on: April 08, 2014, 11:55:47 PM »
I recently purchased my first smartphone. I'm interested in CyanogenMod, but I'm not really sure if it's worth my effort. Has anyone used this Android build?

Offline aDewil

• Contributor
Re: CyanogenMod
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 07:29:06 AM »
keep stock android for warranry time and if you install cyanogenmod phone, then brokes warranty.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:53:58 AM »
I used the STOCK rom for a long time, recently I tried the cyanogen mod and it is pretty nice. Android without bloatware and nicely themed.... sweet!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline aDewil

• Contributor
Re: Re: CyanogenMod
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 01:52:22 PM »
I used the STOCK rom for a long time, recently I tried the cyanogen mod and it is pretty nice. Android without bloatware and nicely themed.... sweet!

yeah i know, but....

samsung won't accept any modding in warranty time.
in here finland one person sended cyanogemod modded samsung phone to warranty repair.
and then after that samsung answer was modded and overclocked phone won't get warranty repair.

Offline the_spinninbsod

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 12:51:53 AM »
i always root my devices i dont use cyanogenmod i personaly prefer carbon rom stable and more features and about warrantys you can easily unroot  if you do root be carefull and follow directions and only get root methods from a site called xda developers

Offline Brian

• Spatry's Troll HAMMER
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »
I got a Nexus 5 last week. Its currently running stock ROM but I rooted it almost as soon as I got it because some the apps I used on my old phone required root access. I am waiting on Cyanogen to release a stable ROM for it.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"People sleep peacably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Offline Brian

• Spatry's Troll HAMMER
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »
I did some poking around and read that CM has changed their release model for CM 11. Where they used to label releases as "nightly" (bleeding edge features, testing), "Release Candidate", and "Stable", they now use only "Nightly" and "Milestone". I flashed CM11, Milestone 6 to my Nexus 5 last night, along with the GAPPS for KitKat. Different GAPPS kept crashing after the flash. Some more poking around and I found that this seems to be a recurring issue and potential solutions include wiping the Dalvik cache before flashing, and correcting issues related to multiple instances of devices having permissions on G+. I fixed my G+ issue (I hope) and will try again today. In any case make sure you have a Nandroid backup in case things go awry.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"People sleep peacably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell