Compiz Reloaded (Issue Fusion Icon) SPATRY HOPEFULLY
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: Compiz Reloaded (Issue Fusion Icon) SPATRY HOPEFULLY  (Read 1394 times)

Offline DQSII

Compiz Reloaded (Issue Fusion Icon) SPATRY HOPEFULLY
« on: March 19, 2018, 12:24:39 AM »
So I added a minimal Plasma 5 desktop to my arch setup but my fusion icon only saw Marco and compiz as choices and didn't give me KWIN as a window manager choice when i was in plasma 5 ive hence temporarly disabled the fusion icon. Would u know why i couldn't see kwin as a choice within the fusion icon ??? IN Arch Linux 

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Compiz Reloaded (Issue Fusion Icon) SPATRY HOPEFULLY
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 12:33:08 AM »
Oh... since you are an Arch linux user, allow me to make you feel at home by saying RTFM!

If memory serves, I think that there could be an issue with the fusion icon operating properly... the only workaround I can think of is to make your own launcher/switcher which will allow you to execute the commands necessary to change compositors.... You should have some kind of launcher drawer applet for your panel... and in it you can place icons with the necessary commands to activate your desired compositors... at least that is how I would do it...

one launcher would have
Code: [Select]
xfwm4 --replaceanother launcher would have
Code: [Select]
compiz --replaceand so on....
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline DQSII

Re: Compiz Reloaded (Issue Fusion Icon) SPATRY HOPEFULLY
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:23:34 AM »
Solved I figured out and fixed The issue i got mate tweak for mate to start compiz so i have no need for the fusion icon now SPATRY