LVM With Luks question
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: LVM With Luks question  (Read 1415 times)

Offline MrCoe

• - Aspiring Red Hatter...That Uses Fedora
LVM With Luks question
« on: February 11, 2018, 04:38:32 PM »
Hello All

I was wondering if it's possible to change a volume group name on arch install with LUKS on LVM setup ?, i hold my hands up and say my reasoning is purely aesthetic, im just curious

Kind Regards 

Offline CwF

• Elite Member
Re: LVM With Luks question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 06:12:04 PM »
So far I don't think so. I'm not sure of a real use case? I did however come up with the question awhile back moving along the lines of how clones might meet up, ie working on two disk, which are bare metal clones, on a single host, maybe even a clone, and having the host barf at mounting the same thing in multiple places under the same credential even though they are actually physically unique. Yep, I tried once, first one works and second one errors, flip order is the same result. So I don't try that... But it did raise the question! Using single partitions for play, vm to bare metal to vm, and easy to alter 'uniqueness' of the clones. So outside of this craziness I'm back to my first thought, no real use case? And I never found a way. I believe you can change a second group and not the one your on or in.

Offline MrCoe

• - Aspiring Red Hatter...That Uses Fedora
Re: LVM With Luks question
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:59:36 PM »
Thanks mate, i ended up doing a fresh install of arch with a luks on lvm layout which came up good... on my 3rd attempt haha