[SOLVED] Zorin 12 wont udate
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
HELP WANTED: Volunteers needed to maintain our Linux Distribution Directory. See the sticky on the DistroHunt board. Thanks.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Zorin 12 wont udate  (Read 1052 times)

Offline dreamwarrior

• Supporter!
[SOLVED] Zorin 12 wont udate
« on: September 04, 2017, 01:10:12 AM »
im using zorin 12 core,and since almost a week it doesnt update..i tried to update it via terminal using sudo apt-get update,but it wont go farther  than checking the servers....what can i do?thanks for the help
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:49:00 AM by Kalthrix »

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Zorin 12 wont udate
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 07:51:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
im using zorin 12 core,and since almost a week it doesnt update..i tried to update it via terminal using sudo apt-get update,but it wont go farther  than checking the servers....what can i do?thanks for the help

Good morning dreamwarrior. Try "sudo apt-get upgrade". It should notify you of any pending package updates. "update" is more along the lines synchronizing with the servers for an updated package list, however sometimes won't trigger the built-in updater within Zorin and notify of any that need to be upgraded. Let me know if this works.

Offline dreamwarrior

• Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 02:06:32 PM »
thanks for answering...now im not at home,where my pc is...ill try and let you know how it goes...and one doubt..if i use the comand upgrade,will it upgrade the system..or it just first send the updates and let me choose if i want to upgrade later?......

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Re: Zorin 12 wont udate
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 12:53:53 AM »
thanks for answering...now im not at home,where my pc is...ill try and let you know how it goes...and one doubt..if i use the comand upgrade,will it upgrade the system..or it just first send the updates and let me choose if i want to upgrade later?......

The upgrade command will only update out of date packages on current version of Zorin against package list on both Zorin's and Ubuntu's repo. Won't upgrade Zorin OS to newer version. Should be safe in that regard. Although, one thing to note is that if there is a newer kernel it will want to update it. May have to be careful with that. Otherwise, shouldn't run across an issue.

Offline dreamwarrior

• Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »
sorry i didnt answer sooner,..but what you suggested,worked fine...sorry for letting know so late.....

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Re: Zorin 12 wont udate
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 08:48:23 AM »
sorry i didnt answer sooner,..but what you suggested,worked fine...sorry for letting know so late.....

All good! Glad to hear that fixed the issue. :)