rescatux april fools prank
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: rescatux april fools prank  (Read 2806 times)

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
rescatux april fools prank
« on: April 02, 2017, 05:56:29 AM »
well i went to load rescatux on one of my systems and this screen popped up with the ransomware warning i was like wtf is did i get a bad iso well after a min it said click on it next so i did and in the next scene it said something like gotcha april fools pics to come if i can get it to do it again lol
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline fchaos

• Contributor
Re: rescatux april fools prank
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »
well i went to load rescatux on one of my systems and this screen popped up with the ransomware warning i was like wtf is did i get a bad iso well after a min it said click on it next so i did and in the next scene it said something like gotcha april fools pics to come if i can get it to do it again lol

wow, that's just mean... not a nice prank at all

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 08:41:12 PM »
Try setting back your hardware clock.  Since it's a read-only system there's no reason it should have saved that info anywhere.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline Kalthrix

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 08:48:03 PM »
I've got to be honest, that was a pretty cruel prank. Manjaro did that non-sense too regarding only supporting ARM processors from 17.1 out, and I was not a happy camper. Wasn't until I did more research on that, then I found out the date and that it was an April fools joke. Not funny joking about dropping i686/x86_64 support.

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 12:52:46 AM »
This has to be the funniest April fool's day joke I've heard of this year

https://www.facebook.com/MIDRussia/videos/1008139769285464/
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.