New Version of mCOLe
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: New Version of mCOLe  (Read 4509 times)

Offline jhagger84

New Version of mCOLe
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:28:17 AM »
Hi
I would like see new version of mCOLe because I miss using mCOLe and hope there will be
a new build of mCOLe soon .Please Please update it
John Hagger

Offline Kalthrix

• Contributor
Re: New Version of mCOLe
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 04:40:42 PM »
The last update from Spatry on this was that he was going to make Manjaro Cup of Linux Edition (MCOLE) a repo, rather than continuing development on it as a distribution. This was more to allow somebody to download packages specific to his distribution so that he would limit the number of items needing to be maintained. To my knowledge, this isn't set in stone yet, however is the plan going into place in the near future. Until then, I don't think we'll be seeing an update to the current version of MCOLE.

I have included the original quote from Spatry below indicating this. Also, below this is a link to the original thread if you are interested in reading the original discussion.

Because of changes to Manjaro tools, the future of mCOLe will change to a REPO ONLY distribution... meaning, you will 1. install MANJARO XFCE 2. add the mCOLe repository to pacman.conf 3. run a series of commands which will update Manjaro to mCOLe... it is the only way I can do it to keep things SANE on my end... More details to follow...

http://www.cupoflinux.com/SBB/index.php/topic,5118.msg30046.html#msg30046

Offline jhagger84

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 06:55:11 AM »
Matthew Moors has update his Manjaro by MM
So come get update out Now please

Offline OrvilleG

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 12:26:13 PM »
You need to be patient. Spatry might not have time to update it right now.

Offline Kalthrix

• Contributor
Re: Re: New Version of mCOLe
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 01:32:29 AM »
Matthew Moors has update his Manjaro by MM
So come get update out Now please

EricG is right jhagger84. Spatry had a lot happen toward late summer early fall last year and hasn't been back yet. Judging by his last posted comment, there was a bit of damage as part of his run-in with Hurricane Matthew. He needs time to recover. I can't imagine it will be much longer, but I don't have any information on when he is expected to return. We'll hope for the best and hope he returns soon.

If you are interested in the last update, I have linked the thread below:

http://www.cupoflinux.com/SBB/index.php/topic,5119.0.html

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 09:14:37 PM »
I have a feeling that the move to repo-only had a lot to do with changes they made to the manjaro toolset.  If I'm remembering right, Matthew had some issues with it as well.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline Kalthrix

• Contributor
Re: Re: New Version of mCOLe
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 09:51:54 PM »
I have a feeling that the move to repo-only had a lot to do with changes they made to the manjaro toolset.  If I'm remembering right, Matthew had some issues with it as well.

Right, I recall him talking about it at one point of time. I remember Matthew discussing it in his latest video regarding Manjaro by MM 2.0, seemed both Ben and him had a lot of issues with it. Still had some issues upon release. Hopefully, we see something here in the future or hear back, but will depend on how Spatry feels about it.

If anyone is interested in helping Spatry maintain mCOLE, check out the below link:
http://www.cupoflinux.com/SBB/index.php/topic,4378.msg26608.html#msg26608

Even though the post was made last year, to my knowledge the position is still there for anyone interested. Let either myself or one of the other mods know if you end up posting/volunteering due to the messaging restrictions for non-mods and we'll get a message to Spatry regarding that for further coordination.

Offline MrGizmo757

• Dev, Show Host & Nuisance
  • Contributor
  • Founder of Tech Cafe'
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 01:45:20 AM »
Hey guys. Good news.  Ben fitzpatrick and I just updated mCOLe.  I'm testing it now.  I'll drop a link in the forums when it's ready.  :)

Post Merge: June 09, 2017, 03:14:32 AM
Hey guys. Good news.  Ben fitzpatrick and I just updated mCOLe.  I'm testing it now.  I'll drop a link in the forums when it's ready.  :)

Ok guys. It's up and running.  Hope you like it.  http://www.cupoflinux.com/SBB/index.php/topic,5454.0.html
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:14:32 AM by Matthew_Moore »

Offline skullman

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 06:19:24 PM »
its not bad have installed working out the kinks awesome job matthew love it