New forum group, sub-group suggestion for VM's
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: New forum group, sub-group suggestion for VM's  (Read 2433 times)

Offline CwF

• Elite Member
New forum group, sub-group suggestion for VM's
« on: September 01, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »
As stated, would an additional heading be appropriate for virtual machine based discussions. It seems any on here are familiar, use, and suggest their use. It seems maybe the need a focus and I think are a vital strength of Linux in general. I don't know if a single category or a major with sub-categories is most appropriate, but segregating vm discussions from real iron could be helpful. Maybe I'll try a poll?
Clark

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: New forum group, sub-group suggestion for VM's
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 12:00:22 PM »
This forum's primary focus is on the use of Linux and associated applications. Virtual machine issues are covered under parent topics. So if someone is having issues with Virtualbox on Ubuntu, you would need to get support for it the Ubuntu section. We will rarely have discussions on operation of guest installations and we will NEVER do support for M$ or Apple OS's.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline CwF

• Elite Member
Re: Re: New forum group, sub-group suggestion for VM's
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »
This forum's primary focus is on the use of Linux

Fair enough. For me I consider the M$ stuff settled and the apple a violation. I'm interested in the Linux on Linux issues of what works best, limitations of development not on hardware, the quirks that don't match between hardware and virtual environments, passing hardware and cpu flags, etc. If you think it would be too narrow and better served already, good enough.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: New forum group, sub-group suggestion for VM's
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 03:28:14 PM »
We will help people using proprietary systems transition to Linux but not the other way around. So it is permissible to teach someone how to use Windows to burn an ISO to a USB stick for testing Linux distributions as an example...
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!