Is it possible to run these games on WINE?
Welcome, Guest.
The Chatroom is BACK! --Spatry

Author Topic: Is it possible to run these games on WINE?  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Mel2012

Is it possible to run these games on WINE?
« on: July 10, 2016, 03:34:22 PM »
Is it possible to run these games on WINE (and/or "PlayOnLinux" or some other compatibility thingy [for Windows] on GNU+Linux)? If so, how?

1. "Command & Conquer" part 1. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

2. "Titanic: Adventure Out Of Time". You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

3. "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?". You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

4. "Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy". You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

5. "Tomb Raider" part 1. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

6. "Tomb Raider" part 2. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

7. "Tomb Raider" part 3. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

8. "Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" part 1. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

9. "Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic" part 1. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

10. "Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords". You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

11. "Star Wars: Republic Commando". You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks very much [in-advance] for all the help and all the information :)

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
Re: Is it possible to run these games on WINE?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 03:54:38 PM »
Best way to find out is to go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and search the appdb.  

Off the top of my head, I know that kotor and kotorII (steam and GOG, steam also has a native port of KotorII) will run under wine, JK/JA (steam version) will run under wine and there is also a native port for the single player (Jedi outcast also for that matter), Republic Commando (steam version) appeared to work just fine through wine here.  

The Tomb raider games seem to have at least a silver rating from what I could find from the appdb.  I make no guarantees on those because I haven't tried them myself.  

The Appdb is a great resource to get things working.  Usually there is a lot of information about what things need to be installed in the wine bottle for it to work right.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline Mel2012

Re: Re: Is it possible to run these games on WINE?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 10:25:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Best way to find out is to go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and search the appdb.  

Off the top of my head, I know that kotor and kotorII (steam and GOG, steam also has a native port of KotorII) will run under wine, JK/JA (steam version) will run under wine and there is also a native port for the single player (Jedi outcast also for that matter), Republic Commando (steam version) appeared to work just fine through wine here.  

The Tomb raider games seem to have at least a silver rating from what I could find from the appdb.  I make no guarantees on those because I haven't tried them myself.  

The Appdb is a great resource to get things working.  Usually there is a lot of information about what things need to be installed in the wine bottle for it to work right.
Thanks for the information given so-far Ironclaw :) . I would also like to mention that with the exception of "Republic Commando" and "Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords", I have all those games on actual physical discs. (ie. the old way of doing things: You buy the game in a cardboard box, take the game home, put the disc in your computer's optical-drive, install the game, and start playing it). And I was wondering if any of those games would run under WINE, PlayOnLinux, or any of these other compatibility things that make Windows stuff work on[/be compatible with] GNU+Linux.

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
Re: Is it possible to run these games on WINE?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:06:08 PM »
Aside from possible copy protection used on the disks themselves there should be little if any difference as far as making the game run goes.  
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.