Hi Everyone
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 2056 times)

Offline jasonwnz

Hi Everyone
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:27:38 AM »
Hi All..

Thought I'd introduce myself... I'm from New Zealand.. I've been playing around with Linux's now for a few years on and off... using it alot more after M$ upgrade me to Windows 10..

I have been using Linux Mint 17.4 for the last year.. but happened to come across one of Spatry videos and thought I'd give Manjaro a try.. so far so good.. love the pacman/yaourt commands.. so easy to use, I've a couple issues i haven't quite sorted out yet but found work around in the mean time.

so yeah... Hi :)

On a side note.. was watching Spatry snapy or crappy video.. and noticed his terminal had this cool theme |---[ user@nix ]-- [time] --- [/current/location ]--- very cool
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:49:13 AM by jasonwnz »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 03:35:18 PM »
That theme exists on mCOLe (my distribution) or you can easily get it by installing screenfetch and bashish but you will need to do the research to configure them to match my setup... Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and welcome aboard! Cheers!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Kalthrix

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »
Welcome to the COL Forums jasonwnz! I do have to admit that I am a fan of the theming in mCOLE. Would not mind trying to recreate that on Linux Mint 17.3 KDE. I know I could get it by default in Spatry's spin of Manjaro, however XFCE and myself don't get along, ha! I guess I just prefer KDE. Great thing about Linux is that it is all about choice on your preferred desktop.

But definitely good to have you here! Let us know if you have any questions.

Offline jasonwnz

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 06:14:09 PM »
Thanks Spatry and Kalthrix..
I've setup bashish and set theme the bluesteel.. very easy and it look good!
I find one of the hardest things about Linux is finding out the names of all these great apps/plugins/tweaks etc
Bashish is a good example for me, once I had the name.. it was pretty straight forward.. however with time and practice I'll get there..
Cheers

Offline Teddy

• Contributor
  • Ubuntu, because I'm lazy... :)
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 05:57:01 PM »
Welcome to the Cup of Linux Forums, Jasonwnz! Pop in the text chatroom or our Mumble voice chat server if your interested in all day Linux talk!
Theo ETZ
Current Distros: KDE Neon, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Linux Lite + more!

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 12:06:46 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum pop a squat and have a looksie
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.