Accessibility for Users with Disabilities in mCOLE
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: Accessibility for Users with Disabilities in mCOLE  (Read 1995 times)

Offline cfleischmann1780

Accessibility for Users with Disabilities in mCOLE
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:00:57 AM »
Hello:

I just installed mCOLE about 5 minutes ago and I want to know, how do I scale up the font size and do other accessibility tricks for users with special needs?  My logic here is not only do I have vision impairments, but I'd think there are other potential users with various disabilities who would find the system useful if there was a known place to enable all the accessibility features.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Accessibility for Users with Disabilities in mCOLE
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 01:37:06 PM »
CLICK THE "M LOGO" upper left... then Click the settings icon. Click the APPEARANCE icon and then click the FONT tab... THERE you mat change the default font and size... Good Luck!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline edge226

Re: Accessibility for Users with Disabilities in mCOLE
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 12:29:58 PM »
Hello:

I just installed mCOLE about 5 minutes ago and I want to know, how do I scale up the font size and do other accessibility tricks for users with special needs?  My logic here is not only do I have vision impairments, but I'd think there are other potential users with various disabilities who would find the system useful if there was a known place to enable all the accessibility features.

A lot of the accessibility features seem to be Window Manager related, So you might want to check out some of those options available to you. EG. XFWM4 can do an entire desktop zoom with either ctrl+mouse wheel or alt+mouse wheel(I forget which but its one of those.).

You could always use Kwin that has a magnifier feature. I think mcole comes with compiz with yet again should have some magnifier feature of some sort.