MUST READ: UPDATES for mCOLe Rev: 5-8-2016
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: MUST READ: UPDATES for mCOLe Rev: 5-8-2016  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
MUST READ: UPDATES for mCOLe Rev: 5-8-2016
« on: May 08, 2016, 04:58:39 PM »
The first update for mCOLe 1-16.5.2 ships today and there are no known issues I can report at this time. Large updates should ALWAYS be performed from the terminal.
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -Syyu
If you are using an OLDER version of mCOLe the following may apply to you:

4-26-16: UPDATE to GTK 3.20 breaks some themes... if you want to keep a dark theme on all windows including package manager install vertex-maia. This is a known issue and the manjaro team is looking into a fix. This DOES NOT BREAK FUNCTIONALITY.  Use the setting manager to select vertex maia dark... it looks nice actually!
sudo pacman -S vertex-maia-themes
4-29-16: I made some themes for mCOLe and installation instructions HERE!

4-26-16: It looks like the first update for the new mCOLe 1-16.5 ships today... REMEMBER KIDS, THIS IS A ROLLING RELEASE.,... You must keep the system updated to avoid potential breakage. This new release brings in updated packages including manjaro-keyring and archlinux-keyring. While you CAN use the GUI to update the system, I VEHEMENTLY URGE YOU TO USE THE TERMINAL WHENEVER YOU NEED TO INSTALL LARGE UPDATES.
sudo pacman-mirrors -g
sudo pacman -Syyu
KEYRING ERRORS ARE FIXED WITH THIS SEQUENCE OF COMMANDS
sudo pacman-mirrors -g
sudo pacman -S manjaro-keyring archlinux-keyring
sudo pacman -Syyuu
If you have AUR checking enabled through the pamac GUI and it alerts you there is an update for those packages, you can allow pamac to update those packages without issue. This article is to address full system upgrades pushed upstream from the Manjaro Developers.

If you have a problem with an update due to "profile.ini" in FIREFOX, LOOK HERE...

IF YOU HAVE UPDATE PROBLEMS THAT THIS BULLETIN DOES NOT ADDRESS LOOK HERE.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!