GTK-3.20 GOODIES for mCOLe!
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: GTK-3.20 GOODIES for mCOLe!  (Read 4867 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
GTK-3.20 GOODIES for mCOLe!
« on: April 29, 2016, 01:13:32 PM »
As mentioned HERE, the update to GTK 3.20 breaks many themes. To adapt to this issue I have used oomox to generate new themes for mCOLe.

Members of this site may download my themes HERE. The archive now contains 4 themes: mCOLe-bleak, mCOLe-Midnight, mCOLe-Night & mCOLe Twilight. NOTE: You may need to use gtk-theme-config to tweak gtk colors for chromium browser, specifically menu background and associated text color.

The attached video shows you how to install the themes and how to generate your own using the aforementioned tool. Enjoy!

Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline fchaos

• Contributor
Re: GTK-3.20 GOODIES for mCOLe!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:50:08 PM »
Hey Spat...

I was wondering, in the video you state that it saves the themes as GTK3... so if I cloned a GTK2 theme, and then simply re-saved it without changes, would that make that theme GTK3 compatible?

I really like the Bleu-fear theme you've mentioned in other videos and threads, and I'd love to have it work correctly with GTK3, so I was wondering if running it through oomax would correct whatever GTK2 issues it has for GTK3 when re-saving it?

Or am I looking for the easy way out?

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:54:05 PM »
Chaos, oomox does not open existing themes. So you would not get what you are after. The closest theme you can get to bleufear is vertex-themes
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -S vertex-themesThere is a dark variant you might like.

Offline fchaos

• Contributor
Re: Re: GTK-3.20 GOODIES for mCOLe!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:52:30 PM »
Chaos, oomox does not open existing themes. So you would not get what you are after. The closest theme you can get to bleufear is vertex-themes
sudo pacman -S vertex-themes
There is a dark variant you might like.

Yeah, I found that out... kind of sad that it won't open the themes I already have.

I think I just installed the Vertex themes yesterday, I'll check that one out and see how it looks, thanks

Offline EggZaile

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 11:38:44 AM »
Hi there!
Anyone using these themes nowadays?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 01:42:49 PM by EggZaile »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 02:41:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum EggZaile. I have not used oomox in a long time and I have not had an opportunity to build it and test. The AUR page shows it is out of date but the git version appears to be up to date.
[spatry[~]$ yay (*) oomox
4 aur/themix-theme-oomox-git 1.12.r2.g0db28619-1 (+2 0.02)
    Oomox theme plugin (GTK2, GTK3, Cinnamon, Metacity, Openbox, Qt5ct, Unity, Xfwm) for Themix GUI designer. Have a hack for HiDPI in GTK2.
3 aur/themix-full-git 1.13.3-2 (+6 0.12)
    Themix: GUI for generating different color variations of Materia, Oomox themes (GTK2, GTK3, Cinnamon, GNOME, MATE, Openbox, Xfwm), ArchDroid, Gnome-Colors, Numix, Papirus, Suru++ icons, and terminal palettes. Have a hack for HiDPI in GTK2.
2 aur/oomox-git 1.13.3-1 (+33 0.00)
    The project packaging has been changed - please install 'themix-full-git' instead
1 aur/oomox 1.12.5.3-3 (+42 1.24) (Out-of-date: 2021-03-16)
    Themix: GUI for generating different color variations of Arc, Materia, Oomox themes (GTK2, GTK3, Cinnamon, GNOME, MATE, Openbox, Xfwm), ArchDroid, Gnome-Colors, Numix, Papirus, Suru++ icons, and terminal palettes. Have a hack for HiDPI in GTK2.
==> Packages to install (eg: 1 2 3, 1-3 or ^4)
==>
It appears that Themix provides theming support for more... so now you have 2 options you can try out =D

(*)Note, I am still using yay as it is still kept up to date, I will eventually try paru but I do not want to waste 500 megs of drive space to install RUST!

Offline EggZaile

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 07:43:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum EggZaile. I have not used oomox in a long time and I have not had an opportunity to build it and test. The AUR page shows it is out of date but the git version appears to be up to date.
Code: newbielink:javascript:void(0); [nonactive]
[spatry[~]$ yay (*) oomox
4 aur/themix-theme-oomox-git 1.12.r2.g0db28619-1 (+2 0.02)
    Oomox theme plugin (GTK2, GTK3, Cinnamon, Metacity, Openbox, Qt5ct, Unity, Xfwm) for Themix GUI designer. Have a hack for HiDPI in GTK2.
3 aur/themix-full-git 1.13.3-2 (+6 0.12)
    Themix: GUI for generating different color variations of Materia, Oomox themes (GTK2, GTK3, Cinnamon, GNOME, MATE, Openbox, Xfwm), ArchDroid, Gnome-Colors, Numix, Papirus, Suru++ icons, and terminal palettes. Have a hack for HiDPI in GTK2.
2 aur/oomox-git 1.13.3-1 (+33 0.00)
    The project packaging has been changed - please install 'themix-full-git' instead
1 aur/oomox 1.12.5.3-3 (+42 1.24) (Out-of-date: 2021-03-16)
    Themix: GUI for generating different color variations of Arc, Materia, Oomox themes (GTK2, GTK3, Cinnamon, GNOME, MATE, Openbox, Xfwm), ArchDroid, Gnome-Colors, Numix, Papirus, Suru++ icons, and terminal palettes. Have a hack for HiDPI in GTK2.
==> Packages to install (eg: 1 2 3, 1-3 or ^4)
==>
It appears that Themix provides theming support for more... so now you have 2 options you can try out =D

(*)Note, I am still using yay as it is still kept up to date, I will eventually try paru but I do not want to waste 500 megs of drive space to install RUST!

Thanks Spatry! I'll check those out, since i already got rust.
OOT, where do you guys hangout these days? No mumble, as i can see. Are you still against Discord?
cheers

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 02:35:23 PM »
Discord took my mumble audience. Voice chat is no longer being offered until a better FOSS solution becomes available.