MAINTAINER WANTED
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: MAINTAINER WANTED  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
MAINTAINER WANTED
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:13:10 PM »
mCOLe = Manjaro: Cup of Linux Edition

Do you enjoy Manjaro? Do you enjoy BUILDING Manjaro? Want to give something back to the community? Cup of Linux is NOW has a staff position open for a MAINTAINER of mCOLe. This is a volunteer position. Only those with a passion for serving the community need apply.

Requirements:
  • Must know Manjaro buildiso and/or manjaro-tools
  • Must have equipment suitable for building in 32 & 64 bit flavors.
  • Must be willing to provide support for the distribution on this forum
  • Must be able to work with existing configurations and port them to the latest snapshot.
  • Must be able to devote some time with Spatry in the development process*
  • Must be able to interact with the community & take suggestions
  • Must be able to issue releases a minimum of two times per year.
  • Must be a member in GOOD STANDING and active on this board.
I decided that it would be in the best interest of the community if I were to have a maintainer for mCOLe. This leaves me open to focus my attention on other areas of the community which need improvement. Those who are interested may leave a comment on this thread. Please provide a download link to any Manjaro based distributions you have built in the past. The mCOLe maintainer will get full recognition for their work and will be awarded moderator status within this community.

*I will supply the maintainer with all artwork and branding for the distribution. Additionally, I will supply packages for use in the distribution which are not available through the main repos. Further, any software configurations for the out of the box experience will be supplied, so the maintainer will not have too much legwork to do.

mCOLe will always be based on Manjaro for ease of use and the best possible out of the box experience. We will not use other systems such as Debian, Fedora or Ubuntu.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline rajat

mcole maintainer RELEASE: mCOLe32 & mCOLe64 1-1
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:06:55 PM »
Hey Spatry,

Great ReleaseI You make the XFCE Desktop look really Incredible. I have been using Arch and Manjaro for quite some time. I have used Ubuntu for most part with Occassionaly switching to Gentoo. I know my way around Linux for the most part. I am not a developer, I am just an advanced Linux user and can fix issues on my own with little help from Google. I have been a viewer for the past 2-3 years from the days when your talking head still used to be in a Web Cam Box. Before you started using Manjaro, When you moved on to Linux Lite after getting burnt with Arch updates breaking your system.. With all that said, The point is that I am interested in helping out by offering help in maintaining MCOLE. Since you said you were looking for help. I have done a small piece  of  work for community already, Not much but the best I could by writing a blog at newbielink:https://rajat-osgyan.blogspot.in [nonactive] Mostly around bumblebee and nvidia stuff for Ubuntu users. I have seen some positive response from the community. I believe it is time for me to get involved into a community initiative like yours. So I am offering my help. If you believe I can do things and help you out, I would be honored to be a part of this wonderful Initiative. Even if you feel I am not good enough to help, that is fine, You will still have a patron in me, I will still continue to do my bit wherever I can to help the community out there. I will continue to recommend Manjaro in General and MCOLE in particular. I just love Linux so much so that I want in on community work. OK Did i mention that I am the Maintainer of a few Games on Wine HQ. Need for Speed Most Wanted, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Age of EMPIRES III.

Why am I replying to this thread? In your video you said you would post a separate link for the vacancy, well silly me,  I could not find it so I thought it would be a good Idea to send across a reply to this post so you could take a look.
Please do get back when you can ! Good Luck and All the best!

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Re: MAINTAINER WANTED
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 01:23:52 PM »
I could not find it so I thought it would be a good Idea to send across a reply to this post so you could take a look.
That is OK... I moved it to the correct place for you... the word "sticky" in the release announcement points to this thread. Thanks for offering to help. I will be in touch at a later time. Cheers!

Offline ringo32

• Contributor
Re: MAINTAINER WANTED
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 06:34:47 PM »
i will try it once it out one time, im iching to make an iso :p  but for mij own :)

Antergos For Everyone

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: MAINTAINER WANTED
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 07:06:09 PM »
Ringo my friend! LONG TIME NO SEE.... Right now I am making a video tutorial on how I use manjaro-tools... AND this will come with a point release which fixes the gnome 3.20 crisis and the Firefox bug. Once this is completed, I am working with Edge to set this into DOCKER and do automatic builds.... this will enable us to possibly have a monthly release... If we can get automated builds of mCOLe, I might not even need a maintainer... More to follow... GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN! I hope all is well for you!