You can now use SKSE with Proton and HERE IS HOW...
1. Install Skyrim Legendary Edition (Not tested with SE)
2. Run the game ONCE! Set your display how you want it...
3. Mod your game following the tutorial video... Use Loot in virtualbox to set your load order then Generate FNIS for users
4. navigate to your /tmp folder and copy proton_run to a place of your choosing.
5. Edit line 5 of the shell script so that it points to your skse loader
6. SAVE the shell script, rename it to whatever you want and execute it whenever you wish to run Skyrim with all of your mods.... I have been playing the game for a few hours now... there is a random crash from time to time but the game performance is very good. I am extremely pleased with this! HAVE FUN!
MORE DIRTY TRICKS HERE:https://youtu.be/MGBD6ix5xGs