A few suggestions for Game Nights
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: A few suggestions for Game Nights  (Read 2692 times)

Offline c_smith

• Contributor
A few suggestions for Game Nights
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:56:03 AM »
If the current games get a bit old, or a rotation is preferable at some point in the future, I'll suggest a few games to start off, and let others suggest their own (within reason)

Now not all games will be everyone's cup of tea, and Spatry has final say in this. But I'll try to limit this to F2P Linux games.

My suggestions would be:

Team Fortress 2
Urban Terror
Xonotic
Alien Arena
Dota 2 (only if 10-man games is feasible)
War Thunder

And "No More Room In Hell" is a game that keeps the LDC game night on life support, so why not pick it up here? if it weren't for NMRIH, the LDC game night would have died out. I wonder if pdq would let those of us here going for game night use the LDC NMRIH servers...

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: A few suggestions for Game Nights
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 04:55:28 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. We played xonotic in the past... FPS games tend to give me headaches but I am willing to play...
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline c_smith

• Contributor
Re: A few suggestions for Game Nights
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 05:17:13 PM »
I was writing that late at night, and those games are only what I could think of, but there's other good ones.

My main point was to say that there might be times where a game rotation would be beneficial.