Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
Welcome, Guest.
I think Linux is a great thing in the big picture. It's a great hacker's tool and it has a lot of potential to become something more. -Jamie Zawinski

Author Topic: Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore  (Read 44992 times)

Offline MrGizmo757

• Dev, Show Host & Nuisance
  • Staff Member
  • Founder of Tech Cafe'
Re: Re: Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2018, 03:48:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Matthew and Ben for all your hard work. What is the login info for the live section? I downloaded the is and I get login screen that says user Linux when I click on it it gets me to a password. I have tried everything I can think of with no result. Help please.
Thanks

There is no password. Just leave it blank.  Select XFCE session at the bottom. 

Offline olddude

Re: Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2018, 03:55:24 PM »
Thank man that worked. I will start testing now.

Post Merge: August 31, 2018, 02:45:57 PM
So I downloaded and installed Hack Linux, and so far everything is working well other than my wireless, I see that I have the BCM43228 network card but the system is not recognizing it. I"m trying to figure it out but any help would be appreciated. I'm sure is the driver not being installed but I just can get what's going on at this time.
HELP :)

Post Merge: September 01, 2018, 11:43:36 AM
To update, I had to install Broadcom-firmware and reboot and it worked after that, it took a while to find it.
On another quest, I would like to change the login screen and set up my personal info in it (login) can you direct me to the area where I can make those changes and is there a GUI in Arch that can be installed to make changes to the login screen?
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:43:36 AM by olddude »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2018, 11:12:08 AM »
Linus Torvalds needs to give Broadcom "the finger" maybe then they will give us some drivers!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Challene

« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2018, 07:52:55 AM »
Excellent work! I really like your version of Manjaro. It becomes more friendly to new users and that's perfect! :)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2019, 08:07:55 AM »
I am hoping that we will have a SOLVE for this VERY VERY SOON! Our resident mCOLe Super Guru (Ben) is building a NEW version of mCOLe!
  • The plan is to rebuild Manjaro without package changes.
  • Legacy GFX boot using Spatry's 16.5 design
  • mCOLe custom themes will be included.
I know most people will want to install their own software choices so it is best to just leave the default Manjaro picks... Many of you want to run Manjaro on your older computers but cannot because the Grub 2 standard Manjaro employs will not work on legacy machines. More to follow very soon and we will also have a release announcement in LIVE stream once this is ready...

Offline ringo32

• Contributor
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2019, 03:47:51 AM »
MiniCole would be awesome just not too much :p
Antergos For Everyone

Online Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2019, 08:35:12 AM »
Are you thinking Minicole architect edition perhaps?
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re:Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »
Ben is having problems with getting the gfxboot/syslinux loader working... I may need to call in a favor to get the ball rolling on this... I know this will benefit a lot of people who want to use Manjaro but can't because of the present grub configurations...

Online Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2019, 12:49:00 AM »
I had a bit of a headache getting grub to work how I wanted as well, there seems to be some variables that get set that was keeping the menu from showing because I only had one OS installed.  Finally figured it out after enough searching, I like to have the option of messing with the boot settings in case an update does something unusual with the system.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2019, 07:20:51 AM »
There is something in the LIVE image on Manjaro which does not sit right on BIOS (non-uefi machines) and older EFI computers have reported problems as well. On my Acer notebook, I must delete the EFI partition (using palimpsest) on the burned USB stick in order to get the Manjaro Live image to boot. While I have tried to explain this, some people have reported this workaround fails for them...

Having a syslinux (gfxboot) option is going to be essential... I am researching how to get syslinux into my new mCOLe build... I have not heard anything from PhilM yet and I do not know if he even has time to respond to my request as it looks like they are spread a little thin in Manjaro-Land.