Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
DistroHunt feedback needed. How can we improve it? What features are missing? RSVP on the DistroHunt board. Thanks.

Author Topic: Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore  (Read 40247 times)

Offline Matthew_Moore

• Dev, Show Host & Nuisance
  • Staff Member
  • Founder of Tech Cafe'
Re: Re: Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2018, 03:48:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Matthew and Ben for all your hard work. What is the login info for the live section? I downloaded the is and I get login screen that says user Linux when I click on it it gets me to a password. I have tried everything I can think of with no result. Help please.
Thanks

There is no password. Just leave it blank.  Select XFCE session at the bottom. 

Offline olddude

Re: Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2018, 03:55:24 PM »
Thank man that worked. I will start testing now.

Post Merge: August 31, 2018, 02:45:57 PM
So I downloaded and installed Hack Linux, and so far everything is working well other than my wireless, I see that I have the BCM43228 network card but the system is not recognizing it. I"m trying to figure it out but any help would be appreciated. I'm sure is the driver not being installed but I just can get what's going on at this time.
HELP :)

Post Merge: September 01, 2018, 11:43:36 AM
To update, I had to install Broadcom-firmware and reboot and it worked after that, it took a while to find it.
On another quest, I would like to change the login screen and set up my personal info in it (login) can you direct me to the area where I can make those changes and is there a GUI in Arch that can be installed to make changes to the login screen?
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:43:36 AM by olddude »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2018, 11:12:08 AM »
Linus Torvalds needs to give Broadcom "the finger" maybe then they will give us some drivers!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline Challene

« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2018, 07:52:55 AM »
Excellent work! I really like your version of Manjaro. It becomes more friendly to new users and that's perfect! :)