Hello from Germany
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Hello from Germany  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Mandrinio

« on: December 14, 2014, 05:53:59 PM »
Good evening, folks..
I live down south in the land of traitors, rattlesnakes and alligators and I am looking for a secure system to hide in.  So I came to Linux.
I started in the early 80 th with Atari 800 Warner Bros. Later I got the Atari 520 ST and finally a 468DX.
As most I was fixed on Windows 3.11, 98SE, Win7 and  was never satisfied with that stuff.
So I tried some Linux and Ubuntu Versions, but it was a bit complicated to me and I got not many time left because work and family.
A few days ago I saw some videos on Internet about Manjaro from Matthew Moore and what he tells about Manjaro inspired me to got rid of all my Ubuntu and Linux Versions that I stored on my PC.
So I installed the main version but I did not manage to get my printer fixed by rmp files and so I smashed the localhost631 site to hell.
Second try I downloaded the Spatry´s Cups of Linux Manjaro and .... GOSH!
Honestly - You can´t have make it on your own - it´s amazing! It is a really great work and a special gift for everyone, especially for christmas. I really appreciate this... it must have taken plenty cups of coffee untill it was finished.
For me and for others is great because it takes many time and skill to make a system such properly.
Of course I will also check the release of Matthew Moore also, because he has fantastic features and ideas.

okay, and last but not least I will introduce myself    ------  RIGHT NOW !

I live in the area of Brandenburgo next to the polish border and I am 47 years old.
I am married and got many children ..  and I thank you for your nice work.

Bless you all !
Cheer up!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:11:54 PM by Mandrinio »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Hello from Germany
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 06:28:03 PM »
Welcome to the community Mandrinio and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to us! Have fun while you are here. Cheers!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »
hello and welcome to the forums germany hey my grandafather lived in the small town in austria rigth under the eagles nest
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline Ben

• Resident WIZARD
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 06:22:45 AM »
Welcome aboard Mandrinio!  We have quite a few Germans on this board.

Offline Mandrinio

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 04:10:17 PM »
Ahh well , did I typed Michael Moore above, I modified it right now. It was a guy in an  other youtube movie.
So FAREVILDEE, I am not so lucky to live beneath an eyrie, like your grandpa in austria (beyond doubt many cool people come from there), although we also have lots of eagles and wolves here on our fields and in the woods.
I live also in a small town, what´s  very calm and nice. Better than Berlin, where I used to live for about 40 years.
Well BEN, yes.. I am absolutly wondering why f.e. Manjaro is not special public and known in germany. Almost people I know use Microsoft, also most schools and departments. They are so powerful here and people are proud to pay them fees.
Also on youtube you just have got a few or no videos about Linux or Manjaro. I have no idea why!
And SPATRY.. uhmm is it just me or is there a little problem with the Search Function in your Distro?
I only checked it or a few minutes yesterday.

thanx for reading to you, guys !
Cheers..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:18:06 PM by Mandrinio »

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
Re: Re: Hello from Germany
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 05:56:08 PM »
Ahh well , did I typed Michael Moore above, I modified it right now. It was a guy in an  other youtube movie.
So FAREVILDEE, I am not so lucky to live beneath an eyrie, like your grandpa in austria (beyond doubt many cool people come from there), although we also have lots of eagles and wolves here on our fields and in the woods.
I live also in a small town, what´s  very calm and nice. Better than Berlin, where I used to live for about 40 years.
Well BEN, yes.. I am absolutly wondering why f.e. Manjaro is not special public and known in germany. Almost people I know use Microsoft, also most schools and departments. They are so powerful here and people are proud to pay them fees.
Also on youtube you just have got a few or no videos about Linux or Manjaro. I have no idea why!
And SPATRY.. uhmm is it just me or is there a little problem with the Search Function in your Distro?
I only checked it or a few minutes yesterday.

thanx for reading to you, guys !
Cheers..
no i meant the place were hitler stayed lol they call it the eagles nest it was a house high on a cliff so he could watch over the land and hide also
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline Deckard Cain

• The wonderful wizard of Trisquel
  • Staff Member
  • Stay a while, and *nix!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »
Hello, and welcome to the forum! Stay a while and Linux!
Stay a while, and *nix!