Hello from Sweden!
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Hello from Sweden!  (Read 2617 times)

Offline nebula

Hello from Sweden!
« on: November 18, 2014, 08:06:35 AM »

Well... Live in Sweden – that's why my English sucks ;D
About 3 months ago I decided to install Spatry's CupofLinux. I tried ubuntu and other distro's several times in the past and thought now I'm going to be a super linux NERD – muhahaha.... NOT :o  It was a dualboot setup with windows and in the end ended up logging in to windows, ****ed up the bootloader or there was games that couldn't be played on linux... I really thought I was trying to learn linux but I guess it was more for fun..

I always had the interest about linux and suddenly one day out of the blue “Spatry's Cup Of Linux” fall down from the sky and popped up on Youtube. I saw a video where he talked about the good and bad things about Win/linux and why he chooses to go down the linux path. After seeing the video i decided to wipe windows and now I have been running Manjaro (spatry's cupoflinux) for about 3 months as my main OS. I think it's awesome and now I see all the customization I was missing in windows - a sort of Android vs. iOS/WinPhone.. I'm very satisfied with Manjaro and I'm not coming back to windows for now. As long i can play my Diablo 3 and the upcoming Heros Of The Storm on wine/playonlinux

It hasn't always been easy for me to sort things out and used a lot of time searching the web/youtube but it all pays up in the end.

That's my story and I allready got some questen to the forum I cant figure out myself ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:45:48 AM by nebula »

Offline Ben

• Resident WIZARD
  • Contributor
Re: Hello from Sweden!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 02:27:47 PM »
Welcome aboard nebula!  We have a large number of European posters here who speak English as a second language, so don't worry about it.  Just feel free to ask for help with any of the issues you might run into.

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 06:49:11 PM »
hello from sweden welcome to the forum
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline Teddy

• Contributor
  • Ubuntu, because I'm lazy... :)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:20:53 AM »
Welcome to Spatry's Cup of Linux! Join in the community by dropping by the chatroom or on Mumble Voice chat for all day Linux talk!
Theo ETZ
Current Distros: KDE Neon, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Linux Lite + more!

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 12:51:40 AM »
I thought I replied to this thread earlier... I guess my message did not get through...
Welcome to the community nebula, I am happy to know that you like my respin of Manjaro. If you have any questions regarding mCOLe, we provide support for it through this forum. Cheers!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline drum

• Spatry's IRON FIST!
  • Contributor
  • the Spamhammer
    • linux-mania
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »
welcome to the Spatry's cup of linux forum, hope you enjoy your stay here
The "Penguin" has arrived - and he's not going away - ever.
It's not the software that's free; it's you.
"It does what I expect of it, when I expect it - otherwise, stays out of my way." http://i61.tinypic.com/2emgzrp.jpg

Offline frank.jensen

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »
Hi there! Im Frank, also a swede! I did a full switch to linux a couple of months ago to, running Manjaro on 3 computers and totally loving it! Nice to see more people from Sweden here!
Ha det gott!
(Have a nice day!)

Offline Dirty Helga

• Malevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Do you feel LUCKY today?
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 06:46:36 AM »
Welcome! Spatry said "If I do not welcome the newcomers, he will revoke my SUPER ADMIN POWERS" That rotten tyrant! HAH!
If you BREAK the RULES, I WILL SHOOT YOU!