Makulu
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Makulu  (Read 2694 times)

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
Makulu
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:39:42 PM »
ok for you die hard debian and cinnamon fans the two have finally been combined thx to makulu linux i like makulu a lot of thought and imagination have gone into this distro and it is very nicely done too downloading distro as i type will update with what i see  ;)
this is of the xfce edition will get picture of debian cinnamon asap
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=makulu
http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=08675

ok update OMFG!!!!!! hes done it again another great distro and the backgrounds are just amazing!!!! so far from what ive done and played with very stable heres what he wrote

It has been a dream of mine to build a Debian-based OS with Cinnamon for well over a year now, and on a few occasions I managed to actually get it to compile and boot, it proved to be highly unstable after a few patches. Each time I found myself disappointed, putting the idea on the back burner. You can imagine my delight when I heard that Cinnamon has a new team of guys porting it to Debian and thus once again I made the effort. To my great delight it seemed a bit smoother and more stable. A few months ago I got to work on this baby and although I was limited with my schedule I managed to make great progress in a very short amount of time. Today I am releasing the result to the world.
its definitely worth the try im installing it in vb now to play some more and see how it runs in a virtual install more too come
and heres an updated photo of desktop

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:00:42 PM by farevildee »
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline vstarsteve

• unreformed distrohopper asus z77 sabertooth i7
Re: Makulu
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 07:16:51 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have a go at it while I'm still in my Debian season.