Menu X V.04 for those who distro hop in Ubuntu/Debian a Preview Pic
Welcome, Guest.
"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Author Topic: Menu X V.04 for those who distro hop in Ubuntu/Debian a Preview Pic  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Seeker

• IeducateMyself.Org
This new version was designed to give more options than the previous version is had written. With that in mind the script I have written is designed with a simple menu feel. And also the software's I have selected are among some of my favorites, Please enjoy and of course comment and let me know what you guys think.. New version out I added some  .Deb files  and made the .Deb files easier to install.... P,S,
I recently migrated from LM Xfce to Cinnamon so I used both my scripts to update and to install my favorite programs unfortunately an issue with Variety didn't install I have not corrected it and In the upcoming version V.02 It will be fixed.
newbielink:https://www.dropbox.com/s/99demdebttzcikk/MenuX%20V.04.tar.gz?dl=0 [nonactive]
*Changes made to V. 02  are as follows
*Variety was fixed in V.02 not in V.01
*Added a more concentric method of explaining what each section does.
*Program added Maxthon Stable as a .deb and if selected it will d/l and then installed.
*Corrected a placement of cursor after a selection of choice is asked.
*Skipped V.03 and went straight to V.04
*Changes made to V.04*************
*Had a make file created for an easier install method..
*For example.. 1.Extract files to whatever folder, 2, Open terminal
and type : sudo make install. This will create the file to the appropriate file location and make it executable..
*Also made it also possible to uninstall and remove file. To this type : sudo make uninstall.
Thats it !
*Also added Plex Media Server and Plex Home Theater.

Pic Preview

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:10:23 PM by The Seeker »
The Seeker:
Founder: Ieducatemyself.org

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Rebuild X V.03 for those who distro hop in Ubuntu/Debian a Preview Pic
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »
Should be FANTASTIC for users of Ubuntu based systems. I suggested a slight modification to the script which might make some of you laugh... HA HA HA
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Will

• Spatry's Tardis Operator
  • Contributor
  • Chronic Distro Hopper
Should be FANTASTIC for users of Ubuntu based systems. I suggested a slight modification to the script which might make some of you laugh... HA HA HA

I guessed that one already! LOL!

I don't use Ubuntu but I'm sure this script would be useful to many people.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 32GB(3600MHz), 500GB 850 EVO, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 + EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 | Gentoo