Manjaro Cup of Linux edition
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Manjaro Cup of Linux edition  (Read 2478 times)

Offline engineer

• Lenux Newbie
Manjaro Cup of Linux edition
« on: September 15, 2014, 08:55:14 AM »
Question:
I am trying to download the Manjaro Cup of Linux, however I can't find the torrent download.   I can only find the direct download .iso link at Sourceforge, and with my internet connection, this will take ALL DAY.
Also, I plan to copy it to a flash drive using pendrivelinux and boot it off the flash drive to give it a try.
Question: When running this software off of the flash drive can I get the software to connect to the internet, recognize printers etc.?   I ran Xubunto of my flash drive and was unable to get it to connect to the internet using wifi or recognize my printer.  To be honest I was not that impressed with xubunto, it seemed rather bland.
Also, is running the software off the flash drive just as good as installing it on to the actual hard drive? I am hoping soon to have an older computer dedicated to Linux, but for right now the USB stick is just about my only option.   I am not sure how to install a dual operating system on my current computer if I wanted to install Manjaro on my XP machine.  That would be an option..
Thanks!
engineer..
Mageia

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Manjaro Cup of Linux edition
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 03:04:08 PM »
I just used sourceforge as they seem reliable for the download. This is a LIVE DVD and it should run fine from a USB stick. If the Linux kernel supports all of your hardware, everything should work fine. I can tell you that when I boot my computer from the LIVE disk it does not power my WIFI so I need to use a direct cable to the ethernet. Then I can download the needed wifi driver using the manjaro hardware detection tool. THis may be the same for you. I will be releasing a new version in the coming weeks which will ship with a new kernel for better hardware support.
I am moving this topic to the Manjaro: Cup of linux section
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!