screen and focas
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: screen and focas  (Read 9477 times)

Online farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
Re: screen and focas
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 01:39:19 AM »
you could try minitube thats a youtube client it should be available in your repo's if not there should be a way to get it with a little searching and nosing around there are others can't remember them offhand
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline Dirty Helga

• Malevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Do you feel LUCKY today?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 02:01:12 AM »
you could try minitube thats a youtube client it should be available in your repo's if not there should be a way to get it with a little searching and nosing around there are others can't remember them offhand

farevildee, I ought to fish slap you! Didn't you see Spatry's post before making yours? Ohhhh the nerve of some people! Just posting stuff without reading what was said in the conversation! We will skip the COURT MARTIAL this time!

Anywho, along that same vein, minitube IS in the Manjaro repositories and so is SMPLAYER. Smplayer is a feature rich front-end for Mplayer and I prefer it over VLC any day! Cheers everyone!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:03:01 AM by Spatry »
If you BREAK the RULES, I WILL SHOOT YOU!

Online farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 04:23:03 AM »
well im sorry dirty helga i didnt even notice it after the fact i read it lol and hes already fired me anyway lmao
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline CEUOTC

• SUPPORTER!
  • Contributor
Re: Re: screen and focas
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »
lol yea my system is a bit old but when you got 3 kids ya got to give up the stuff you want some times.
but anyway i in stalled compiz and i still lose full screen any other ideas?

thax for your time :)

Hey there jobe41, was not knocking your system, if anything it is massively overpowered for Manjaro :) 6 cores and a dedicated cuda core GPU makes Manjaro fly.

With Six cores comes the ability to run 6 real threads, which Linux laps up depending on programme.

At the moment running Smtube, not sure if this will help you, however l will be testing it tomorrow once back at my digs down south.
----------------------------
One problem l have encountered with this is l get audio running Youtube via SMPlayer Youtube Browser, however l loose the game audio :) but it does play full screen as stated by Sparty.

Again audio is played for YouTube and not the game.

Not much help, but hopefully this reinforces the answers previously given.

C.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:20:58 AM by Spatry »
Peppermint OS9

Lurking as work still busy :)