Archived gaming thread 1
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Archived gaming thread 1  (Read 24512 times)

Offline Crimson

• Contributor
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
    • «FC» FunHouse Clan
Re: Cup of Linux GAMING NIGHT #1 - [June 20 2014]
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »
Oooo, this sounds like fun. I haven't had a fight night in a long time, since the clan I'm in, "FunHouse Clan", is all but dead. I've never played Alien Arena before, but it looks pretty cool. I'll try it later today, but I won't be able to play tomorrow night until after 9:30 pm / 10:00 pm ish, mountain standard time.
Custom Linux PC AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 32GB DDR4 1TB M.2 NVMe 4TB Storage

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 12:56:48 AM »
No problem, hop in anytime you want to.

Offline drew78

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 02:26:33 PM »
hope you guys dont mind if i jump in? i have been playing AA for some time now.  hope to see spatry there! look for me [>>]Jebus, clan sharpeye. maybe i can offer some tips for noobs? Alien Arena has a great community and when not playing cupoflinux server might i suggest DO Euro CTF insta/rockets. thats where most of the community play and we welcome new recruits!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:47:55 PM by drew78 »

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 08:17:49 PM »
Alright, thanks for all of you participating. It has been a really cool game session and I hope you guys had as much fun as I had. I already looked through the server-log and figured that "blos" is the winner of COL-GN#1.

As a little extra, Spatry suggested to play STAR CONFLICT tomorrow as there will be no podcast. So, tomorrow, same time we will probably play again.

For all of you, that don't know what Star Conflict actually is: Steam advertises it as
an action-packed, massively multiplayer space simulation game that puts players in the role of elite pilots engaging in a widespread interplanetary skirmish.
Of course it is free but quite good looking. So make sure your hardware can handle it.

If you are interested, you can download it HERE
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:26:42 PM by JayVii »

Offline Synrgy87

• Contributor
  • There Ain't no Party like an Old School Party.
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 12:59:26 AM »
was fun indeed, despite some people having issues with the game / their system, not yet played Star Conflict online, if i can make it i'll be there but i may be out all evening

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 03:43:05 AM »
I have Star Conflict installed and raring to go! Muah ha ha ha ha ha!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline blos

Re: Cup of Linux GAMING NIGHT #2 - [XX - XX - 2014]
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »
It was really a fun night! Looking forward to another game night session with you guys around.

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 05:23:46 AM »
I added some new Games and opened the vote for Game Night 2 which will probably take place in the last third of July. I might add some more games to the list until then, so keep an eye on the votings. Also i'm open for suggestions. All those games on the voting should work easily and should be available for most of us as well (talking about hardware restrictions and closed-source games). So let the voting begin and suggest games that you'd like to see on the voting list (but i will only include ONE game for every genre, so we don't have about 7 Shooters on the list)

Offline Synrgy87

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »
Still have footage from the last one to sort out, edit and maybe upload, that is if no-one has a problem with that as there are people's voices on it.

If you want to do test runs on some of the games, hit me up, Never played TeeWorlds or Widelands before but they look cool, have been playing some Star Conflict which is also cool but I think that will melt some people's computers lol

I voted urban terror as it's pretty fun but I know some people also get motion sickness from first person shooters, so I'm good for the others too TeeWorlds looks crazy fun

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2014, 07:03:52 AM »
I have no problem with you uploading some footage, however I would recommend swapping the sound with some cool music. Some Rock-stuff should work for Alien Arena IMO :)

TeeWorlds indeed is really fun and it has some crazy game modes. You should try it. I voted for that since we played a Shooter last time and I really find TeeWorlds the most hilarious and fun game so far. Also it is open-source and resource-friendly.

Offline Synrgy87

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2014, 07:28:20 AM »
Don't wanna get any copyright strikes or claims on the music, I might dig around and see if there's any music from the game itself to use

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
Re: Re: Cup of Linux GAMING NIGHT #2 - [XX - XX - 2014]
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2014, 07:38:36 AM »
Don't wanna get any copyright strikes or claims on the music, I might dig around and see if there's any music from the game itself to use

If I need music to use in a video I get those from either NCM (a youtube channel that uploads non-copyright-music) or from NewGrounds which run all their content under the Creative Common license. They have a really big library of content from every genre you could think of. make sure to look around. you can download all their stuff for free and use it as long as you name the author and don't make actual money from it.

Attribution:
    You must give credit to the artist.
Noncommercial:
    You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist.
Share Alike:
    If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
Audio from game footage should be removed. I agree. Since it is a "Cup of Linux" game night I probably should be the one to put together the video footage.

Offline Synrgy87

• Contributor
Re: Re: Cup of Linux GAMING NIGHT #2 - [XX - XX - 2014]
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 02:35:24 PM »
Audio from game footage should be removed. I agree. Since it is a "Cup of Linux" game night I probably should be the one to put together the video footage.

if you want to use the footage that's perfectly fine and yeah audio will be removed, the footage I have is all at 1080p and quite large file size, so getting it to you may be a bit of a pain.

I want to put some up for my personal channel but like I said you are of course welcome to any of the footage, it's pretty much all first person from my perspective so none as spectator, I've not done anything with it as of yet though :)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »
Upload to google drive or dropbox and I will grab it. I will reencode to standard 720p for broadcast on youtube. Just PM me a link.