Archived gaming thread 1
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Archived gaming thread 1  (Read 24513 times)

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
Archived gaming thread 1
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:00:10 PM »
Thanks for making Game Night 4 an adrenalin-fuelled Session!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKSL3tEcu-E#ws

WE WILL BE PLAYING Xonotic Saturday August 9, 2014 & August 16, 2014 & August 23, 2014 at 8PM New York time (UTC -5). We will be gaming EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT with the exception of LIVE SHOWS. Details will be mentioned HERE when that happens.

How to connect: -

Game-Selection for GN #5-7

Zero Ballistics is a unique blend of first person shooter and tank combat, focusing on multiplayer gaming exclusively. To learn more about the details, read the Game section. The game features three different maps, three different main and secondary weapons, six skills and three gamemodes.

Xonotic is a direct successor of the Nexuiz project. It represents years of development from its humble beginnings as a Quake 1 engine modification, and now aims to be the best possible open source first person shooter available. The fast paced First Person Shooter with a big and active community is considered really similar to Unreal Tournament, but certainly looks better.

Team Fortress 2 has nine distinct classes that provide a broad range of tactical abilities and personalities. A constantly updated FPS with new game modes, maps, equipment and, most importantly, hats!
TF2 is Valve's sequel of their Shooter Team Fortress (classic). It's build with the source engine and has a unique comic-style charme. It actually has the highest rating of all Free to Play Games on Steam and a huge playerbase.

Fistful of Frags is a Multiplayer based, first person enabled, action packed and skill demanding shooter set in the Wild West times. A unique combination of non stop action and slow but powerful weaponry. It is build with the source-engine and of course MOD-able. A really cool FPS for all wild-west fans and for those that like hilarious but demanding gameplay.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:43:23 AM by Spatry »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Cup of Linux GAMING NIGHT #1 - [xx.xx.2014]
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:06:04 PM »
STAR CONFLICT
FREE TO PLAY

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:46:41 PM by Spatry »
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »
Spatry, did you try Cannons Lasers Rockets yourself? because it has a PRETTY BAD Steam-rating. that's the reason why i didn't include it in my list. I haven't played it myself but people seem to complain about it. "unplayable"

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 02:53:52 PM »
It looks nice... I have not tested it yet.
I will test them both sometime this weekend and edit my above post accordingly. I picked those as they looked really attractive.

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 06:14:16 PM »
Okay, everything is put together for COL-GN #1. there are some pretty cool games. I think there is something for everyone! :D

Let the voting begin, guys.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 06:16:31 PM »
I am downloading Star Conflict free version now. JayVii says he will test it out with me later this evening... I hope for the best :D

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 02:34:04 AM »
Yes, Star Conflict seems to be a pretty cool game. It was a bit strange to play, but hey... we were only 2 people. I guess with 4-6 this would be MASSIVE fun! Also this seems to be the easiest to configure as we wouldn't have to host our own server. We just create a server-protected gameroom and we are good to go! So keep voting guys

Alright! I figured out how to set up a password-protected server in Alien Arena. But I need someone to test that out with me. preferably someone from the US, so I can see if there is Lagg, because myself (and thus the server) is located in Europe. I'll ask in the chat for help TOMORROW (06 June).

Also there is a little Trailer for you guys (:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:09:55 PM by JayVii »

Offline Zelec

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
JayVii If you want I can help you with alien arena later since I live in canada but i live in Southern Ontario so im near the USA so it would have near the same effect but if I were to the default server port might not work for my network But I can help test.
There's A Method To My Madness And Madness To My Method.

Offline Synrgy87

• Contributor
  • There Ain't no Party like an Old School Party.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »
voted Alien Arena but i'll play anything really. never tried star conflict

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Re: Cup of Linux GAMING NIGHT #1 - [xx.xx.2014]
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »
Spatry, did you try Cannons Lasers Rockets yourself? because it has a PRETTY BAD Steam-rating. that's the reason why i didn't include it in my list. I haven't played it myself but people seem to complain about it. "unplayable"

I edited my post. It would not run properly. Buggy buggy horse stable! Ha Ha..

I will install alien arena and test... USA Florida here.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:49:28 PM by Spatry »

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 11:13:18 AM »
Alright, with Edge's help and his Server, we were able to set up a pretty stable server located in the US for you guys to join. The ping for European guys won't be too great but it is DEFINITELY well playable. I did a little test and although went up and down between 150 and 200 ms it was still really nice and easy to play. So we got that going and it'll work pretty good for you guys from the US and for the few European guys we have in this community as well.

Thanks again to Edge who was nice enough to give me full access to his Server and who made it possible for the community to play on it.

So now we could discuss when the Game Night should be. I'd suggest saturdays, as most people would be here then.
As we got both US and EU members I'd suggest starting at 6 pm or 7 pm EST
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:54:59 AM by JayVii »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 01:15:18 PM »
Game night on Saturday night conflicts with the Cup of Linux Lounge podcast. Friday or Sunday nights might be better for that?

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
Re: Re: Cup of Linux GAMING NIGHT #1 - [xx.xx.2014]
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 01:22:13 PM »
Game night on Saturday night conflicts with the Cup of Linux Lounge podcast. Friday or Sunday nights might be better for that?
Oh yes, we should shift it 1 day before, so
What about the time, spat?

Offline edge226

Re: Cup of Linux GAMING NIGHT #1 - [June xx 2014]
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 04:41:15 AM »
I have a idea in regards to the server that I need to discuss with you two at some point today that deals with the server security.

Offline JayVii

• Contributor
    • JayVii's Page
Re: Cup of Linux GAMING NIGHT #1 - [June xx 2014]
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 08:48:58 AM »
I have a idea in regards to the server that I need to discuss with you two at some point today that deals with the server security.

I won't be here today too long. I have much trouble and stuff to do in the next couple days. So 13th would be the next day I would be here for long.
Also that's why I'd like to set GameNight to 06.20.14

I will try to be here tonight for a bit.