Trying to Replace My Computer Case
Welcome, Guest.
Do you want Bill Gates' MANDATORY Covid-19 Vaccine? Sign this petition!

Author Topic: Trying to Replace My Computer Case  (Read 106 times)

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
Trying to Replace My Computer Case
« on: July 30, 2020, 12:22:07 AM »
I don't know if any of you remember.  Back in 2016, I decided to build my own computer to use with Linux.  Some of you helped me figure out what system I should build.  The one mistake I made was the case I selected.  I went with one that was too cheap.  When I first got the case it was dented up.  My dad helped me straighten it out.  I've been using it since 2016.  The face isn't very good.  If you remove it, the cheap brittle plastic clips break.  The front head phone jack went bad, and I had to remove the front to re solder it.  I think I was able to get about another year out of it before it began to give me trouble again.  Today I took the front off to re solder that same head phone jack again.  This time I added some super glue.  By the way, the head phone jack is working again.  But as I was re feeding my wires back to the motherboard, I noticed that my USB 2.0 cord is bad.  The little black plug that plugs into the motherboard has a bad wire.  It appears that the manufacture didn't do a good job putting the plug together.  The wire that goes down inside the plug let go and came out.  It's not something I can solder back into place.  Now I'm shopping for a new case.

I forgot to add, the screws strip out easy too.  Not good if you need to get inside to check and clean things up!

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
Re: Trying to Replace My Computer Case
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 08:01:06 PM »
yea we all make that mistake once or twice. think it's a great deal pfft yea right. cost more to keep it together. always look at reviews and how old the reviews are. the ones that are over a year of use will give you a better sense of the quality of the tower. best way to find a decent tower.
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 09:35:20 PM »
yea we all make that mistake once or twice. think it's a great deal pfft yea right. cost more to keep it together. always look at reviews and how old the reviews are. the ones that are over a year of use will give you a better sense of the quality of the tower. best way to find a decent tower.

Your advice is too late.  I got a New Tower Ordered.  I hope it's a good one.  In my opinion it's kinda expensive and maybe over kill.  But I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow CC-9011078-WW Black Brushed Aluminum and Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

The last time I had trouble getting my small water cooler inside the mid tower.  As I've said before my video card couldn't fit into the "proper"  slot.  This time it should be able too.

Offline CwF

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 09:22:26 AM »
 I got a New Tower Ordered.  I hope it's a good one.  In my opinion it's kinda expensive and maybe over kill.  But I don't want to make the same mistake twice.
Now that's a case!
Congrats It's nice to a big garage.

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 10:30:57 AM »
Now that's a case!
Congrats It's nice to a big garage.

I don't know where I'm going to put the thing.  I'm going to try re arranging things.

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 01:37:55 PM »
lol yea those cosairs are good towers if you have the bread for em.
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 02:05:33 PM »
lol yea those cosairs are good towers if you have the bread for em.

I went cheap the first time.  I'm not going cheap this time.  I own a corsair cpu water cooler. I thought it might be best to stick with corsair for mounting it.