Wine, Playonlinux, and RealFlight G2
Welcome, Guest.
We're BACK! Some users will need to upload new avatars to their profile, sorry about that! Registrations are temporarily closed. -Spat

Author Topic: Wine, Playonlinux, and RealFlight G2  (Read 279 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Wine, Playonlinux, and RealFlight G2
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 02:22:12 PM »
But the Flight Simulator will run for 30 days, and then whole system will need wiped again, and everything re installed.
WTH? Is this a DEMO? OR is the software so deprecated that it will not accept registration? This is WHY I love playonlinux and the debugger, with persistence, I am able to get most old games working in wine.

Edit: Varing versions of the software have been reported to work on WineHQ which tells me persistence is key. Try some of the suggestions in each case to see if you get profit.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 04:50:14 PM »
If you ever want to make a tailored install iso with all drivers, updates, and programs pre-installed let me know...

I would like to learn how to do that. :)

WTH? Is this a DEMO? OR is the software so deprecated that it will not accept registration? This is WHY I love playonlinux and the debugger, with persistence, I am able to get most old games working in wine.

Windows XP will only run 30 days.  You know that is the sad thing about Windows.  You pay for it, but you don't get to keep and use it on anything you want.  I'm not running it on the computer that I bought it for.  That is why it will only run for 30 days.  I don't even know if Microsoft would allow anyone to activate Windows XP or not.

The Flight Simulator is out of date, and I'm no longer allowed to download the updates for it.  However the Flight Simulator has no time limit like Windows XP does.

1)  Many years ago I lost my email and password.   I emailed the company about this, and they told me that they couldn't reset it for me.

2)  Recently I learned that if I still had my email and password, I could download the last update to it.

3)  Recently I learned that they also took down the servers so you can't get the updates that way anyways.

Edit: Varing versions of the software have been reported to work on WineHQ which tells me persistence is key. Try some of the suggestions in each case to see if you get profit.

From my understanding the Demo version of the software works on Wine but not any of the full versions like mine.

Offline CwF

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2020, 07:41:38 PM »
Well, now that I think about it, it's a lot to build an install, and maybe harder if starting from now. Search and read about nlite, nlaom, makecab, OnePiece, RVM, and a little blackwingcat for study. M$ has utilities to manually do the same thing, cdimage.exe might be hard to find. I've made many legit disk. The last I registered was last Nov I think, I committed a retail MediaEdition to it, my last ever, a dual xeon 5672 with 4GB AMD GPU and 24GB that runs ~almost~ passive cooling.. Very close to the top of what's possible with XP 32, yes it uses all the ram and vram. I retired the Q35/6600 months prior, the third on that license. Frankly, a whole bunch of knowledge that's not that useful anymore.

A note on the 30 days, as stated you can reset that, google rundll32.exe sysetup something.

If you reset right before you shut it down, then image it, it will boot up whenever with 30 days left.

You close enough to just polish what you have and make the reset image.

And YES, you are allowed to remaster a RETAIL CD. Some computers came with OEM copies tagged to the bios, some came with RETAIL licenses. Actually, the license allows you to migrate/upgrade just not install on multiple computers, which kinda includes using the disk for endless grace periods. An image for diagnostics? That's fair I think. Make a qemu-kvm based image and you might as well give it a retail registration, I think you still can. Since I took the pill to make me forget all this at the EOL in 2014 or whenever that was...I've (re)built a few dozen special purpose XP's, they all have registered fine. Actually one did fail, not my issue, they had another box to work with. Forcing obsolete things to a value of ZERO, not fair...The 2 VM images I made years ago are registered and still work fine.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 06:43:01 AM »
There is another option you could try... ReactOS Maybe your game will run on that?
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!