Hello Everyone
Welcome, Guest.
We just had a major upgrade and we are restoring board features. Your patience is appreciated while we work through these issues. --Spatry

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 82 times)

Offline f2fs

Hello Everyone
« on: December 02, 2019, 10:47:45 AM »
Hello everyone. I registered here and I'm hoping to find like-minded people who care about libre software, don't care about open and closed source and proprietary garbage. Who understand that M$ intercepted Linux Foundation by buying its membership and who know about the "cancer" and patenting sudo....

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 07:31:21 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and welcome to the community.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Dirty Helga

• Malevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Do you feel LUCKY today?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:34:06 AM »
One person's "garbage" may be another person's treasure. We share our passion of Linux while avoiding politics. We respect user's freedom to choose, they can get support on both free and nonfree software so long as our guidelines are followed. 
If you BREAK the RULES, I WILL SHOOT YOU!

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 01:01:41 AM »
Welcome to the community f2fs! Glad to have you with us.

Offline Crimson

• Contributor
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
    • «FC» FunHouse Clan
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 02:52:20 AM »
Hello and welcome! EVERYTHING lately is feeling like garbage to me anymore. Mac, Windows, and Linux. My feelings are probably just me getting burned out on computers all together since I work on them every day. Oh well!
HP EliteBook 850 G3 i5-6300U Intel HD Graphics 520 16GB DDR4 512GB M.2 NVMe 480GB SSD

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 12:38:19 PM »
Hello and welcome! EVERYTHING lately is feeling like garbage to me anymore. Mac, Windows, and Linux. My feelings are probably just me getting burned out on computers all together since I work on them every day. Oh well!

I'm in the same boat working in Site Services having to support both Windows machines and Macs. I focus on the aspects of what drove me to using the OS that I'm on and that seems to do the trick. Linux is customizable, private (dependent on the distro), and free. Can't beat that!